Why does the ex want to know how you are doing?

9Lives

I broke up with my ex because he treated me pretty badly at times. I still ask about how hes doing from time to time because I care about him. I probably always will. I know we'll never be together because he just hurt me too bad but I like to know hes is OK and that hes doing what he wants in life. Even one of the best friends I've ever had who I havent seen in years, I still think about her from time to time and I will always have that care in my heart for her. Another friend of mine, treated me pretty badly while we were friends and she knew it. I cut off our friendship because it was toxic. Months later for her birthday I sent her a "happy birthday" message. I know we'll never be friends again but I still care and hope she can fight through her issues. I just can't be APART of her life and issues. Does that make sense?

Back to the ex....No ego boost, no trying to "lessen" guilt(there is none), not because I don't want him to forget about me. If he does, thats okay. Even though he hurt me in so many ways I never thought possible, I also hated seeing him suffer by not being able to accept pure love. He def had a lot of anger issues but a few times I saw a tender side. Like I saw that sweet little boy he use to be before the world hurt him. I knew he'd be hurt and denied in a lot of ways(even though he never really told me) but I could tell.

I guess I look at things a little different then most. If I gave you my time and you were apart of my life...obviously you were special to me. All because you arent with someone anymore doesn't mean you don't care. Some people are just toxic. Some people I will never be able to share my life with again....but that doesn't mean I don't remember the good and care about their well-being.

Edited by atlast3
My ex texted me a few weeks back "How are you?" I ignored it then got another text the next night "Alright, hate me then. Was just being friendly. I won't bother you again." That just shows his guilt right there. I gave him no indication ever that I hated him he just assumed it.

LOL! That sounds just like my ex, it really does. When I didn't respond to a text of hers a few weeks ago I got the 'Oh, so you're not talking to me any more, is that it? You must really hate me...'. Strange girl... :o