Bad Boys.....

You better be strong, and show me a firm hand, my darling!

Now, really. Had you ANY doubt I would? :p

Skittles, you or Arabess could handle my man Vivid with one hand tied behind your backs. I bet the guy is a pussy cat! :):):):)

Don't be fooled. It's the quiet ones you have to watch out for. ;)

Originally posted by bark

Skittles, you or Arabess could handle my man Vivid with one hand tied behind your backs. I bet the guy is a pussy cat! :):):):)

Don't be fooled. It's the quiet ones you have to watch out for. ;)

That's right, bark. I'm Mr. Bigmouth on the forums. Tactics change when off the forums.

;)

Originally posted by moimeme

You better be strong, and show me a firm hand, my darling!

Now, really. Had you ANY doubt I would? :p

Hmmmmm, that's a really good question. From what I know of you, you seem to be a strong and confident woman, with substance of course :) . You may be SOMEWHAT of a challenge to me. :laugh:

• Author
Originally posted by yogi-mon

You look like a chic i've slept with.

Hmmm Yogi....I don't think I've DONE Canada....so maybe not! HAHA!

I'm sorry I wasn't here to play with this thread today.....you guys are just toooo much!

I've always went for the bad boys. I've been out with more conservative guys...but they just don't excite me for some reason. My current boyfriend is also a bad boy, but inside he's a teddy bear. :love:

in some cases, however, we know exactly what a bad boy is and what his function is. these are not the guys one cooks for, one takes home, one bothers getting the brazillian for; these are the fun ones - the ones in between the life-altering guys. one loves talking to them, and hanging out with them, and occasionally having interesting sex with them; but one does not invest.

this is mostly what i do: keep the bad boys for buddies, laugh at their heinous exploits and have fun with them; but spend the time, money, and mental/sexual energy on the good guys. it's like a virgin/whore thing, except i really platonically love my bad-male friends, at a suitable emotional distance.

Jenny this is such an articulate description of my attitudes in youth it made me quite nostalgic. Thanks!!

My relationships have to be challenging too and social norms are a bore - I'm often interested in people very different to myself and by the time I've found out what makes them tick I'm hooked.

lol - did your attitudes change as you matured? how do you feel about them now?

eventually i want to own my own 'badness' rather than hunting underbelly men ;)

No my attitudes stayed the same but life changed around me. I settled with a good guy but we lived with the bad boy friends for years (I was house mother). Now I have kids and barely have time to think about what I feel about anything other than them, work and occasionally (if he's lucky) husband which is why I LOVE THIS SITE and am still here when I should be fast asleep :laugh:

• Author
Originally posted by jenny

eventually i want to own my own 'badness' rather than hunting underbelly men ;)

I suspect "hunting underbelly men" may very well BE where you'll find your BADNESS! Damn, that made me laugh!!!!

lol! i want to raise awareness about women who like bad boys! there are some of us who do NOT have "conversion missionary" fetish - we just want cohorts who validate our own perceptions that repressive society bites!

• Author

I totally agree with you Jenny. If a guy is semi-prude or doesn't have a healthy degree of self esteem...chances are we won't have too much dialog.

Until I read the responses on this thread....I never equated "BAD BOYS" with character flaws. I've always considered it a compliment to a man who was comfortable enough with his own sexiness to express what was on his mind REGARDLESS if it were "socially" acceptable or not. It's the same kind of guy who is less likely to be offended or inhibited by a woman if she says "Pull the car over....I want sex HERE." or wakes him up at 0400 in the morning with a PLAN, or will at least try most anything once.

I happen to be on vacation now, but generally I work too much to be entirely promiscuous. However, if I'm in a relationship with a guy.....I don't want to have to second guess if he's 'in the mood' or if I'm going to step on his hurty feelings with a suggestion. Therefore, if a guy doesn't have a BAD BOY frame of mind....I would end up feeling extremely frustrated.

So, you are right. Some women NEED a Bad Boy to play off of.....(no pun intended!) LOL!

Gee, Arabess - that which you describe as a 'Bad Boy' just sounds like a man who enjoys sex to me!!! When I hear 'bad boy' I think of the Hell's Angels type or the wannabees. The wiseasses in the classroom who were neither smart nor funny but thought they were when they pulled boneheaded stunts. That sort.

Heck, by your definition I took up with a 'Bad Boy' myself! A couple, in fact. Hm. Make that three LOL.

I definitely don't equate sexually liberated (not exactly the word I want but close) to 'bad' at all. I've shed enough of the inhibitions that early religious upbringing instilled to not equate expressive sexuality and sensuality with any manner of 'badness' :D Au contraire, it's all GOOD :D:D:bunny:

Well I'm no woman, but I've been around long enough to make some observations.

I think all women dig a little challenge, and "bad boys" represent challenge to the extreme. A guy who doesn't need a woman's approval, a man who stands alone, gets more playing time than the nice guys who bore the crap out of them or annoy them by always going out of their way to impress.

Now as we get a little older, tastes change. Women tend to want someone more refined. Bad at 30 is different than bad at 17.

I've never been attracted to boys who behave badly. As a matter of fact, I expend a lot of time and energy trying to avoid them like the plague. But I am attracted to a good guy with an 'edge'... someone who is less conventional and conservative in appearance. It probably explains why I've had so many narrow escapes!

My current partner is a good example of my peculiar taste in men. While he looks to be the proverbial "bad boy," under the exterior he is intelligent, responsible, affectionate, sensitive and has an even higher sense of morality and integrity than most of those self-proclaimed 'good guys'!

And I agree with cdn. There are a lot of guys out there who are "private dad" and "public bad." The most devious and undesirable of the bad boy category if you ask me!! :eek:

• Author
Originally posted by moimeme

Gee, Arabess - that which you describe as a 'Bad Boy' just sounds like a man who enjoys sex to me!!!

ALL men enjoy sex.....BAD BOYS just have more fun with it! HAHAHA! I suspect every woman has her own version as to what a BAD BOY would totally encompass. As for me....he'll probably come with tactical gear, a rifle and a hint of camoflauge. He has a certain stance, a face who shows no emotion when pissed and is more man than I will ever be a woman.

Originally posted by Arabess

ALL men enjoy sex....

Ooooh, I disagree. All men enjoy their sex but they don't necessarily enjoy yours. There's his sex, her sex and their sex. A real baddie knows the difference and chooses the third.

Spastic_Gramps

i'm not a girl but I'll throw out what I have observed. You have to have a lil of both. If your a straigh up "bad boy" and treat girls like dirt your gonna get a good bit of girls but most of them have a low self-esteem or usually aren't the brightest one in the family. If your straight up complete nice guy, well your not gonna get ****. Its finding the happy medium where you know your the man and can do what you want, but still give your girl the love and respect she deserves. Thats when you get the really great girls worth keeping around. IMO anyway

I think a guy can be "bad" AND a "dad"

Yes this is my guy but the bad is almost buried under the dad (well at least I know it's still there)!! In the end responsibility means you are less able to challenge repressive society but at least you are instantly able to recognise those struggling to conform with whom you create an immediate subversive bond. My most intense friendships have been with fellow mums of the very young under seige from the "Muffia" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

***Psssss --- Hey you all --- keep this hush hush --- I think that Moimeme secretly yearns for bad boys --- Don't tell anyone***

;)

***Psssss --- Hey you all --- keep this hush hush --- I think that Moimeme secretly yearns for bad boys --- Don't tell anyone***

:laugh:

Wishful thinking, I'm afraid, my dear :) I'll fall like a ton o'bricks for the sweet guy every time. Let the rest of the lasses have their bad boys; me, I'll take the nice ones :)

bad boys are good for one thing...... and thats either a dicklay or a pearl necklace......*nudge nudge wink wink* vivid!!!! lmao......... Id opt for the good boy for some reason it appeals more to me a guy that treats me like a queen.... instead of a bad boy that treats me like a used tissue!!!!

• Author

HAHA Lost!!! Since I don't want to ever remarry and really don't have time for a big deal relationship....I don't care if a guy is good or bad.....just as long as he's got a pocket full of beer money. I am the absolute QUEEN of the '3 Date Relationship"......LOL!

...so many men....so little time......

I am the absolute QUEEN of the '3 Date Relationship"......LOL!

Arabess, what happens on the third date?

Inquiring minds want to know... ;)