• Author

And even after all this, you have still failed to explain why you are an atheist. All you did was try to make arguments against the truthfulness of christianity, which you kind of failed at. Atheism is the nonbelief in a deity or deities. These are very seperate from christianity. Overall, I think that for your age, which you claimed was higher than 18, your knowledge in this subject is kind of embarassing, and your arguments weak.

nothing christ said in the bible makes sense

not even remotly makes sense

the world would not be a better place if everyone followed the bible

there is no reason why anyone should sacrifice anything for other people, if this person is poor, it is not me that told his poor parents to have 7 children to prolonge this cycle of poverty, why should I help him?

if I was successful in life and made a fortune, I shouldn't have to apologize to God because it is extremly hard for rich people to enter heaven

if I want to masturbate or make love with my gilfriend or watch erotic movies or whatever, it is nobody's business but mine.

if I don't want to kneel and be a slave to God, that's my choice, which is the whole meaning of free will, but I don't see how religious people call it free will when they also tell you that there is an eternity of suffering for those who do not obey. if that is free will, then hostage taking should not be a crime, the hostage taker threatenes you with death which is inevitable anyway, seems minor compared to the one who is threatning me with my eternity

the first one we hate and we send to jail, the second we praise and worship

it will be easier for you to list me reasons why I should follow God rather than me listign reasons why I shouldn't, because my list can become way longer

nothing christ said in the bible makes sense

not even remotly makes sense

the world would not be a better place if everyone followed the bible

there is no reason why anyone should sacrifice anything for other people, if this person is poor, it is not me that told his poor parents to have 7 children to prolonge this cycle of poverty, why should I help him?

if I was successful in life and made a fortune, I shouldn't have to apologize to God because it is extremly hard for rich people to enter heaven

if I want to masturbate or make love with my gilfriend or watch erotic movies or whatever, it is nobody's business but mine.

if I don't want to kneel and be a slave to God, that's my choice, which is the whole meaning of free will, but I don't see how religious people call it free will when they also tell you that there is an eternity of suffering for those who do not obey. if that is free will, then hostage taking should not be a crime, the hostage taker threatenes you with death which is inevitable anyway, seems minor compared to the one who is threatning me with my eternity

the first one we hate and we send to jail, the second we praise and worship

it will be easier for you to list me reasons why I should follow God rather than me listign reasons why I shouldn't, because my list can become way longer

thats a good point. i'm under the impression that a lot of religious people pray and whatever so to avoid punishment in this life and the afterlife by god.

well... theres no evidence that religious people have better lives than atheists. bad things happen to them just like anyone else.

as for the afterlife, no-one can even prove that there is one. thats pure faith again.

i dont get the relevence of the bible in these type of arguments. I know religious people and none of them actually believe that the bible is the word of god or jesus or any prophets for that matter. they dont believe in creationism either.

so given that nowadays generally christians dont believe that the bible is the complete truth, i dont see its relevence, other than fables with morals at the end. which is basically what they are. and thats not just my opinion as an atheist, like i said i know many religious people and none of them think it either.

so given that nowadays generally christians dont believe that the bible is the complete truth, i dont see its relevence, other than fables with morals at the end.

I'm guessing you're just talking about certian books, for example genesis, when you say that. Most christians don't take the earlier books literally, but there isn't a single christian who believes the WHOLE bible is fables, otherwise they wouldn't be a christian. Many books in the bible aren't even "stories" either, they're letters.

Actually the bible is quite succinct from a historical perspective, and gives a good insight to what people thought before the Age of Enlightenment. In this regard, it is a valuable tome of knowledge.

burning 4 revenge
Actually the bible is quite succinct from a historical perspective, and gives a good insight to what people thought before the Age of Enlightenment. In this regard, it is a valuable tome of knowledge.

The Age of Enlightenment was the beginning of the end