He talks to others as if we are a couple

• Author

Youre probably right Devil. I doubt people in our town even gossip about it. We are so rarely in the same place anymore and the idea of us is so unlikely based on his very public profile and the little they know about me.

It strikes me that you may have posted this to hear he is still in love with you. It is a possibility from the facts. My heart would run in circles if I heard this.

I think this is possible, but you should still remain circumspect.

He told this mutual acquaintance because he knew there was a chance you would hear of it.

He is letting you know that he hasn't let go. Have you?

• Author

No Wheelwright actually that is not why I posted. The people on LS dont know him and only know what I post - how could they know if he was still in love with me or not?

I posted because I was frustrated that my past with him keeps resurfacing again in one way or another.

Yes I have let go. But it has ramificatoins for my professional life so I am constantly monitoring the situation.

• Author

That makes a lot of sense Whiter. I hope that is the case. I would hate to think he was giving people the impression that there was still something going on.

Yes it has been over for a very long time and Im not sure what you mean by entering the dating world. I am out in the world all over the world all the time. I have been interested in people who havent been interested in me and vice versa. But no I havent had another relationship.

The fact that I havent met anyone else has nothing to do with xMM. I just havent. But I have never been the sort of person who jumped from one person to the next or dated all the time. I tend to meet someone who I like and date them for a long time and sometimes there are long periods of time in between until I meet the next one. This is either one of those in between times or my best years are behind me. Time will tell which it is.

I have accepted the fact that I may never meet someone else but that has nothing to do with xMM and is just one of those things. Either I will meet someone new or I wont.

I am sorry I wasn't more clear. What I meant by entering the dating world -- many times, after a divorce, the now single woman doesn't date for a while. I wasn't sure if you were feeling like that. A girlfriend of mine didn't date for 2 years after her divorce. She just didn't want anything to do with men after her marriage :laugh:

That was all I meant by it and I am sorry I wasn't more clear.

• Author

Actually Id love to date. I just havent met anyone. Am so exhausted at the moment and so overwhelmed by other things that the idea of dating seems like a remote possibility.

But they say things happen when you least expect it so... hope springs eternal. pahp; Ivau