Saw her for the first time in months today. Sucks.

pie_eater

I saw her at the drugstore today; hadn't seen or heard from her in 4 months. She was at a counter and didn't see me as I walked by. I didn't get her attention to say hi or anything. I went and paid and left. I saw her walking out as I was pulling my car out and again as I was leaving the parking lot. I kept my eyes on the road in front of me and not her, but she must have seen me (or at least my car). The thing is that when I first walked by, I was physically affected: heart was pounding, a little weak in the knees. I have thought a lot about what I would say if I saw her. I didn't have to say anything this time, but I was surprised that I was still physically affected. I even cried when I got home. I haven't cried over her in a while, even when I tried to because I thought it would be a good release. This sucks.

hang in there bro. its just part of getting over someone. you did good ignoring her & kept your power. someday it wont even bother you if you see her or not.

i think back about some of my past girlfriends how they are not in my life any longer and it doesnt bother me anymore. it sucked then but its easy to talk about now.

• Author

Thanks, man. It's weird that seeing someone you used to wake up next to for years can make you feel so uncomfortable. And of course, tonight I ran into a coworker of hers. The coworker was cool, almost apologetic that we know each other through my ex, but it was still something that I would have preferred not happen.