I'm thinking Titanic and iceberg.

Friend met girl in about May.

Proposed on August 29th.

Wedding is set for November 7th.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

They're 28 and 26.

Are they Christian? If so yep.

• Author

Turns out they met at the end of June. He was trying to get me to set him up with one of my friends in May, but that didn't work out. Neither one of them are religious.

My step-sister is 19. At New Year 2008/09 her bf was in a long term relationship (couple of years) with another girl. He dumped this girl and started dating my sister in January 09, and they announced their engagement ten days later. They moved in together in June 09, and by the end of the month she was pregnant. My sister says she only got pregnant because he was thinking about breaking up with her. If you want to talk about Titanic and iceberg, I think their situation wins hands-down!

Joie de Vivre
Friend met girl in about May.

Proposed on August 29th.

Wedding is set for November 7th.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

They're 28 and 26.

eep! this sounds all too familiar.

Last year, my friend met her husband in September and got married by December :eek: she told me she was pregnant in January!

so you never know..

• 4 weeks later...
My sister says she only got pregnant because he was thinking about breaking up with her. If you want to talk about Titanic and iceberg, I think their situation wins hands-down!

What the F*CK?:sick::o:sick:

I've never hit a woman in my life, but I'd definitely KICK this one if I ever encountered her :sick:

I am thinking they are crazy! Marry in haste, repent at leisure!

That honeymoon period does crazy things to people but to agree to spend the rest of your life with a person after a few months is beyond dim!

Oh well!

• Author
Have you spoken to her about it? Is she normally that hasty?

My friend is a he... and no, he's not. He's always been pretty commitment-phobic, to be honest.

• Author
Maybe he has met his elusive 'one'?????????????

It's kinda sad, to be honest. I think he's convinced himself to think that way only because there's a bun in her oven. Before that, he was planning on a really long engagement, and questioned whether he even wanted children! But apparently she's religious, and his family *kinda* is as well, so he had to "make a real woman" out of her by marrying her. :o He did get lucky though - she's gorgeous and very, very sweet. Who knows, maybe he would have married her anyway?

And at least they're both getting a real wedding, not the typical shotgun thing.

It does make you wonder how good things will be or how long it will last once they start having a "real" life together. Because it has all been rushed, it does feel as if it could crash.

But to be honest in this day and age, I do not see why couples "have to get married" if the woman is pegnant. If you have planned to get married, just do it later when you both have had time to properly think out about it.

boundaryproblem

If they aren't cognitively compatible, then I don't see this marriage being a happy one.

If it was my son/daughter, I would put the brakes on marriage. Even if it caused North Pole arctic relationship with her/his parents.

Let these two soon-to-be parents work through a normal relationship. If they want to get married when their child is a couple years old - fine. But I don't believe in shot-gun weddings.

I met my husband in June 2008. He asked me to marry him in August then we got married in November. Our 1 year anniversary is this upcoming weekend =) and we have NO kids yet.

So, it depends on their situation. They might be deeply in love that's all.

If they're not worried about it, why are you??

It does pose a valid question...

I agree that this seems rushed (very much so)... But how do you put a timeline on something so subjective?

Actually... Im going to post this as a new topic to avoid hijacking this thread...

• Author
I met my husband in June 2008. He asked me to marry him in August then we got married in November. Our 1 year anniversary is this upcoming weekend =) and we have NO kids yet.

So, it depends on their situation. They might be deeply in love that's all.

If they're not worried about it, why are you??

And yet, the thread you posted demonstrates that you're already having serious problems in your new marriage. :(

It does pose a valid question...

I agree that this seems rushed (very much so)... But how do you put a timeline on something so subjective?

I suppose that's the very question... I don't know.

If they aren't cognitively compatible, then I don't see this marriage being a happy one.

What does cognitively compatible mean?

It is never wise to jump in too quick no matter how much you think that person is 'The One' ... you will never know the real person until you have spent serious amounts of time together.

The more bright the flame, the quicker it goes out!

Yes, some people may have married after a month of meeting and still be together 100 years later but most dont go the distance

It is never wise to jump in too quick no matter how much you think that person is 'The One' ... you will never know the real person until you have spent serious amounts of time together.

The more bright the flame, the quicker it goes out!

Yes, some people may have married after a month of meeting and still be together 100 years later but most dont go the distance

Truer words were never spoken! Well said Lish.