Why Men in authoritative positions are just so darn SEXY: Transference?

• Author
always_searching
I want a strong man and I have a strong man. I am also proud to say that he is not a substitute father figure or anything else along those lines. The only rules he follows are his :love:

Lucky.;)

Girl, where's my strong man?!

Oh, wait. He's divorced, close to twice my age, and my professor...

Yeah...I'll just keep dreaming.:p

Ok, Always_Searching, I got really confused when I first read your post because I thought I had somehow written this thread and then forgotten I had done it!!:D I feel exactly the same way you do, it's almost crazy! I have always always had a thing for men with some kind of authority over me. Always. I don't even talk to guys my age or have anything to do with them...they have nothing on me! But men who are smart and have power over me...it might be the greatest turn-on I have yet to discover!

I cannot tell you how many of my former bosses I have dated, or if I haven't dated them, definitely flirted with them all day at work. I also dated 3 professors back in my college days and I even married one of them! It was the best decision ever to request an office hours appointment with him, if you know what I mean;).

Anyway I just wanted to say that you are so not alone and I hope we never work at the same office...because I am callind dibs on the boss!

As someone else said - power is sexy. And beyond that, women are drawn to powerful men by nature because they offer security. This means that he can provide for her and the kids.

I like powerful men but I also like men who just know who they are, so they don't necessarily have to be in a powerful position. The last guy I was with was a CEO and I was totally in love with him. It wasn't always about his power, either (although I admit I was impressed with that), but it also had to do with his intelligence and ability to make decisions. I've been with so many guys who constantly leaned on me for emotional support, who have been such 'drama kings', and couldn't control their tempers if their lives depended on it. This man was so together in so many ways it was unreal.

Don't discount your instincts. If that's what you like in a man, then be sure you date guys who fit into that category.

Here's an article on how Daddy's girls want men who look like their fathers. While I still don't believe that power is related to this, since power is attractive in itself since confidence and capable decision-making comes with the turf, I won't deny that foundational years have much to do with how we view attraction.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,282016,00.html

I'm an anaecdoetal example of this. My Dad is 6'+, lean, fit, dark-haired. My three most serious relationships of first love, ex-husband and current fiance, all fit the same type.