, someone give me a pat on the back...

rp123

NC for 13 days today. Truly the hardest thing I've ever done. When will I start to feel some relief.......?

Been so close to breaking NC, but just holding on.........

Stick with it!!

I was on day 12 and allowed circumstances to unfold that broke it. Got me going backward. So yeah, stay strong!!

Good job!:love: It's difficult but it's also worth it. My ex would call or initiate contact with me but after the first month of limited contact I started to feel better. Don't give up. The sun will shine brighter and you will be stronger:)

NC for 13 days today. Truly the hardest thing I've ever done. When will I start to feel some relief.......?

Been so close to breaking NC, but just holding on.........

[pats rp123 on the back]

:)

Good for you!!! i am on 3 months...it really is very difficult. When i started i never thought i would be where i am today. As time goes on there will be times when you will want to break it...but its not worth it, Most likely you will just end up getting hurt again and will have to start all over. I have almost broken NC 3 times...and the people here on LS have stopped me. It takes a long time to feel better. Im on 3 months and sometimes i feel like no time has passed!! That is sooo good that you are doing this for yourself though. NC is a powerful thing...it requires a lot of discipline. If you can do this you can do anything.

This is day 13 for me as well. My ex has contacted me twice since I established NC and thinks poorly of me for doing so. Each time she's messaged me, I've experienced chest pains and a following day filled with intense emotions. This forum has helped me tremendously. Not only does it provide a means of venting, receiving advice and relating to others, it provides me with something to do through out the day. Stick around until you're indifferent.

• Author

I suppose my relationship is different (isn't everyones..)

Our last conversation was on the phone, I had drunk a bottle of wine, and can't remember all that was said.

Seems such a tragic way to end an 8 year relationship......

honestly, I'm devastated.......

thanks for listening.