YOUR top 3 pearls of wisdom out your A. SHARE :)

Wait for your partner to divorce or otherwise end current relationship first/you divorce or end current relationship first then pursue other partner.

If you are contemplating an affair, think it over for a long time. Read all of the pain and heartache on this site of all parties involved.

With a few exceptions like some LS posters here, the OP gets dissed in the end.

men who are in the frame of mind to cheat on their wife and family -- are also probably in the frame of mind to not tell you the truth about their feelings.

Yep... or maybe even the truth about anything! I believed everything my MM told me, but looking back... if he was lying to his WIFE, why in the world wouldn't he lie to me? I can't believe I was so stupid and naive to believe whatever came out of his mouth.

NowhereToHide

I think that for probably everyone here, there was a moment... that one moment where you were on the edge of crossing a line that you knew was wrong. I remember that moment distinctly. My AP had declared some really strong feelings for me via email and I remember sitting there thinking... "Holy sh*t, this is going too far". I sent him a response that told him that I would never leave my family for him. But I didn't stop it. For whatever reason, I just didn't.

My pearl of wisdom is listen to your inner voice when it's telling you that things are getting carried away. I wish more than anything that I would have walked away when I saw the "line" being crossed.

1. Some of us would rather jump off a bridge than to self-examine.

2. The two most important individuals to a marriage are the two people in the marriage.

3. Arrogance and narcissism are toxic in any relationship, whether you are a cheater or not.

4. I am only special in God's eyes.

5. Emotions rule over logic in affairs of the heart (for OW/M, BS, and MM/W)

6. Children, time, investment, and possessions are a huge factor in AP who decide to stay. This is why marriage exists. If marriage didn't and people dated from a distance, our society would be f'd up.

7. We are all human and have to forgive before we can truly heal.

8. When we have truly healed and accept reality, we can speak about the past in an objective way.

9. Affairs are not for me.

10.For better or worse, richer or poorer, til death do us part.