How long before they truly start to miss you?

Take these song lyrics to heart....I am a musican as well and music has been helping get alot of emotion out...Whether its crying or wanting to put a hole in the wall FEEL IT ALL....GET IT OUT!!

Metalingus by Alter Bridge

I've been defeated and brought down

Dropped to my knees when hope ran out

The time has come to change my ways

On this day I see clearly everything has come to life

A bitter place and a broken dream

And we'll leave it all, leave it all behind

I'll never long for what might have been

Regret won't waste my life again

I won't look back

I'll fight to remain

And we'll leave it all, leave it all behind

On this day its so real to me

Everything has come to life

Another chance to chase a dream

Another chance to feel

Chance to feel alive

Fear will kill me, all I could be

Lift these sorrows

Let me breathe, could you set me free

Could you set me free

And we'll leave it all behind

On this day its so real to me

Everything has come to life

Another chance to chase a dream

Another chance to feel

Chance to feel alive

Do you think you could you give us the chord changes or tabs to the lyrics? I always feel better when I grab the ol' guitar and just noodle.....something I didn't really get to do in my crummy recent relationship with Ms. Selfish Bitch. Like the song btw :)

you should change this to "How long before they truly forget you" in my case 6 months! Trust me your ex isnt even thinking of you anymore they most probably out having the time of their life while you are mentally killing yourself with thoughts like aaah i wonder if he/she is thinking of me??

These things vary vastly. In my case it took him 6 months to ask for me back/miss me. Previous to that it didn't look like he though of me at all. He was out partying all the time. Not all dumpers miss their ex's though and some only miss them temporarily leading to reconciliations then subsequent break ups.

i am starting to see a pattern here..My ex missed me so much for the first 3 months that we were broken up, endless text messages and phone calls. Now after 6 months she has forgoten about me.

So i think those exe's who totally ignore you and go out partying and rebounding immediatly after the break are more likely to miss you at a much later stage as oppose to those exes who miss you in the beggining but then slowly start to get over you with time. Just my opinion.

People react differently to breakups some ignore the breakup push the hurt and longing away only for it to resurfaces months later, where others deal with the hurt and pain immediatly this helps them heal as the months pass by.

• Like 1

When my boyfriend of four and a half years dumped out of the blue, he said, and I quote, "Why are you so upset? You're acting like you're dog died or something." As if he couldn't see why I was upset. He left me for another girl that he just met, one that lived with her boyfriend so they were both cheating. If you ask me, what kind of trusting relationship can you have if it started as an affair? I read through some of these posts and I agree very strongly with the no contact rule. The first several days I tried to get him back, but that was before I knew he had been cheating on me and left me for someone else. Once I found out, I cut myself off completely from him. I blocked him from my Facebook so I wouldn't be tempted to check up on him. Now its been a month and while I'm healing quite well, I'm having a problem with anger. I never really got the chance to let him know just how angry I am at him, and I don't know yet if that was a good or bad thing.