22 years old and never had a girlfriend

Panopticon

SoulSearch_CO
Oh, yeah - don't know if it's been asked, but have you considered online dating? It seems to be the best friend of the shy.

I tried online dating and have gotten the first few dates of my life from it.

Sooooo....panoptic? HAVE YOU tried online dating? Would you give it a shot?

• Author

Maybe. But i live in a relatively small country. It's not like the US where there's a massive pool of people to choose from in online dating. And **** it, i'd like to be able to meet a girl face to face and just do it the normal way. If i can't do that, then i suppose i'll just have to get used to being a loner.

Thanks to everyone that's offering advice. I'll give it a shot and try to be more positive, but i can't help being cynical about my chances.

I know how tough that is, but you don't want to think that way. I'm well over 10 years older than you and some people on here say I don't have to rush, so don't feel that you have to find someone immediately. However, you do want to start looking soon so you don't end up in a position like me when you are my age.

You just have to be ready to go through some not so good experiences on your way to finding the right person. It is also very important to be flexible. You may have done things in a certain way and if some of these hinder your chance of getting dates, you may want to try and change them.

SoulSearch, this does not work. Tried them all. All complete losers (the sites not the women). It seems a lot of them are just online for attention getters. I have been trying Meetup.com and starting to meet different people there in your local area. Give it a shot. Its free and worse case scenario you meet new people in person not via the Internet.

SoulSearch_CO
SoulSearch, this does not work. Tried them all. All complete losers (the sites not the women). It seems a lot of them are just online for attention getters. I have been trying Meetup.com and starting to meet different people there in your local area. Give it a shot. Its free and worse case scenario you meet new people in person not via the Internet.

Meetup isn't so very active in my area. At least it wasn't really when I last looked around on there. When I get interested in dating again, I'll look into it. Thanks for that tip - I hope it helps out Panop.

There have been guys in the forum that are in their late 30s and never had a gf either and are still virgins.

Imagine that.

Panopticon, I'm 30 and have never had a gf and I'm still a virgin so you are definitely not alone my friend. Where you and I differ though is that your attitude sucks to be completely honest.

You post an issue you are having and people take their time to respond and try to help out and your response is uninspiring to say the least. Instead of thanking people for suggestions you come up with excuses for why you won't try something. If that sort of negativity continues you WILL be a loner for the rest of your life.

You know what? Even though I've never had a relationship or sex, I've still had a fun and fulfilling life! And will continue to do so. Sure, it sucks to not experience what others take for granted and sure I get lonely, but it doesn't get me down. You gotta get out there dude. I just enrolled in a weekly Pilates class - will I meet my partner there? Who knows? But at the very least I'll learn something new and meet some new people. Remember, be a glass half full person and you'll have a great time regardless of your relationship status.

SoulSearch_CO
Panopticon, I'm 30 and have never had a gf and I'm still a virgin so you are definitely not alone my friend. Where you and I differ though is that your attitude sucks to be completely honest.

You post an issue you are having and people take their time to respond and try to help out and your response is uninspiring to say the least. Instead of thanking people for suggestions you come up with excuses for why you won't try something. If that sort of negativity continues you WILL be a loner for the rest of your life.

You know what? Even though I've never had a relationship or sex, I've still had a fun and fulfilling life! And will continue to do so. Sure, it sucks to not experience what others take for granted and sure I get lonely, but it doesn't get me down. You gotta get out there dude. I just enrolled in a weekly Pilates class - will I meet my partner there? Who knows? But at the very least I'll learn something new and meet some new people. Remember, be a glass half full person and you'll have a great time regardless of your relationship status.

Excellent post, Kaiser. I hope some of it sinks in. And I hope the pilates thing works out. :)

Excellent post, Kaiser. I hope some of it sinks in. And I hope the pilates thing works out. :)

Thanks SoulSearch! If I'm ever on the Western Slopes of Colorado I'll look you up ;)

SoulSearch_CO
Thanks SoulSearch! If I'm ever on the Western Slopes of Colorado I'll look you up ;)

LOL...Thanks, Kaiser. I'll hold you to that. :)

I have exactly the same problem. I'm 21 and do not have ANY experience in these things. However I am social and I like talking to people and have no problems with it, however when it comes to a girl I would like to have for a girlfriend my creativity and optimism leave alone -_-...

I think you CAN still have a fullfilling life, even if you still did't had a relationship/girlfriend, but on the other hand - for me: I miss the experience and sometimes it sucks really hard to be allone (though I have friends, but they are not a girlfriend)

___

Edit: ... and why am I invisble (there red "light" on the left corner of my post). Do you know where I can change it?

SoulSearch_CO
I have exactly the same problem. I'm 21 and do not have ANY experience in these things. However I am social and I like talking to people and have no problems with it, however when it comes to a girl I would like to have for a girlfriend my creativity and optimism leave alone -_-...

I think you CAN still have a fullfilling life, even if you still did't had a relationship/girlfriend, but on the other hand - for me: I miss the experience and sometimes it sucks really hard to be allone (though I have friends, but they are not a girlfriend)

___

Edit: ... and why am I invisble (there red "light" on the left corner of my post). Do you know where I can change it?

Upper left corner...that first pink horizontal bar. First option is Profile/CP. Click. In there you'll see a list on the left-hand side going down the screen. "Edit options." In there, the very first option is "Use invisible mode." Uncheck the box.

• Author

Yeah, i realize my attitude is pretty bad. But i'm kind of depressed right now so that's why. I'm working on it though.

Yeah, i realize my attitude is pretty bad. But i'm kind of depressed right now so that's why. I'm working on it though.

Keep working on it. One thing I do know is most women prefer someone who is not depressed. You plenty of time at 22 to get everything in order.