so he just bailed on me?

Why don't you do this guy a favor and change your number. The fact that he calls AGAIN but you have to ask this forum whether you should return the call tells me this dude likely has no idea what he is getting himself into.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm calling... I'm calling! well, I will soon... tonight... I promise!!!

and I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.... he did mention in his message that he wanted to get together again... and it was funny because then he told me to call him this time!

Soon? Tonight? What's wrong with right now? How much time and preparation do you need to make a phone call :p??? Do you need to prep your husky voice? Are you counting on talking to him for three hours (highly not recommanded by the way)?Come on tk, there's not time like the present.

• Author
Why don't you do this guy a favor and change your number. The fact that he calls AGAIN but you have to ask this forum whether you should return the call tells me this dude likely has no idea what he is getting himself into.

:lmao::lmao: oh wait.. you were serious...

Soon? Tonight? What's wrong with right now? How much time and preparation do you need to make a phone call :p??? Do you need to prep your husky voice? Are you counting on talking to him for three hours (highly not recommanded by the way)?Come on tk, there's not time like the present.

yep... got to get my sexy on first! :cool:

actually.... I'm starving... I just got back from a 2 hour bike ride... I want to eat, shower, get comfy and then I'll call, k?

geez, you people are hard core! but I loves ya! :love:

WineCountry

So......hurry up and eat and call him, already. Then tell us what happened.

actually.... I'm starving... I just got back from a 2 hour bike ride... I want to eat, shower, get comfy and then I'll call, k?

geez, you people are hard core! but I loves ya! :love:

Less posting, more eating please ;).

• Author

ok everyone! I know you've all been waiting on pins and needles for this...

I called him!!! but he wasn't there so I left I message....

and then I waited...

and then...

HE CALLED ME BACK!!!

... ok so I'm trying to make the story more exciting than it was :lmao:

anyho! we are going to try to get together tomorrow night... he's leaving to go out of town for a few days on wednesday and has a bunch of work to do before he leaves. He said he'd try to come over after he gets off work but it might be later... I told him that was fine... I'm trying not to be too "easy" about it, but I definitely am done being so aloof with him too... it's not who I am. I like this guy but not sure where this is headed... but that's ok. As long as I stay true to who I am, that's what counts right? then whatever happens, happens!

ok.. so I think we all learned something today... not sure what that was or if we even learned the same thing... but we definitely all learned something! :laugh:

so... rock on y'all!!! :cool:

• Author
FINALLY!!!!!!!!! SHE TALKED TO HIM!!!!!! I can go to sleep now. :lmao:

Is he taking you out tomorrow night or what? Where is he taking you?

yep.. we will both sleep better tonight ;)

hmmm... maybe I shouldn't tell you this part but we didn't make definite plans yet! but don't you worry.. something will happen... eventually! :laugh:

anyways... good night... sweet dreams!

Trialbyfire

Yup, don't let him corral you into an evening of home entertainment. Think of feasible alternatives so that if he suggests it, you're not stuck for ideas.

Don't let him create an eff buddy situation by saying how exhausted he is, after a long, long day at work and that while he really wants to get together, he'd rather spend the evening getting to know you; only you, him and a bottle of wine...

• Author
Oh brother....:rolleyes:

I hope you go out somewhere and you don't muck it up by asking to just "hang out" at your house you will end up doing stuff you'll regret. Go out

and have fun.

Nite nite! I'm glad things worked out. ;)

moi? muck things up? never! ;)

Yup, don't let him corral you into an evening of home entertainment. Think of feasible alternatives so that if he suggests it, you're not stuck for ideas.

Don't let him create an eff buddy situation by saying how exhausted he is, after a long, long day at work and that while he really wants to get together, he'd rather spend the evening getting to know you; only you, him and a bottle of wine...

and that would be bad because...? ;)

actually... this is the guy that I have been with before. Now we are supposed to be "just friends" ... but I have been realizing I want him more than that again. So is it bad that I'm kind of hoping for some.. er something?! :laugh: Don't worry though, this guy totaly respects me.. he does! I'm serious! dang.. I know you guys probably don't believe me... ah well.

Anyho... we are getting together tomorrow night instead... he is picking me up after work and taking me out. I actually offered to cook him dinner here but he said he wanted to take me out so.. that's good, right? He really is a good guy... very flaky but very sweet (and cute!!!) I'll be fine ;)

but thanks for your concern! and I'll be careful... I promise!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Hey tkgirl, you didn't update us. How are things going?

Hey TBF! so sorry... I guess it sort of slipped my mind. I mean, it was almost two weeks ago since he and I got together.. the bastard! :laugh: actually, it was a lot of fun! We are definitely "just friends" still though.. and I guess I should be ok with that, but there are times that I wish we were "together". But he obviously is ok with how things are so I guess I have to be too?

Anyho.. I know I need to let him go and move on and meet someone new, but not sure how sometimes. I think about going back on match but I dunno....

anyways, thanks for checking in with me. :) I've been kind of away from LS for a bit... I find there are times when I just need to try to figure out things on my own, if you know what I mean. ;) But then other times LS has really helped me a lot too! so thanks everyone! :)

((tkgirl)) I'm sorry to hear this but it sounds like you have this well in hand. I'm glad you had some fun though. :(

• Author
You work too damn much.

yeah I do! I was off the last two days though.. 'cept I had a damn migraine both days. :( That's when I really know I'm working too much....

((tkgirl)) I'm sorry to hear this but it sounds like you have this well in hand. I'm glad you had some fun though. :(

thanks TBF! it's actually ok... with all I've been through with this guy, I really am so much better now than I have been before with it. It's funny though, lately I've been thinking a lot about why we fall for the ones that we do and if there is any greater pain than when those feelings aren't returned. Then I got my answer with this D*** migraine! :laugh:

tkgirl, how old are you?

I don't know why there are some girls out there who are intent on playing this kind of game. Frankly I don't think there's anything wrong with it as long as the other party calls back and accepts plans for a date or accepts counter-offers. It's frustrating but it happens in the dating stages.

• Author
tkgirl, how old are you?

I don't know why there are some girls out there who are intent on playing this kind of game. Frankly I don't think there's anything wrong with it as long as the other party calls back and accepts plans for a date or accepts counter-offers. It's frustrating but it happens in the dating stages.

I'm old enough to know better that's for sure! but I turn 44 in.. 4 days! (gulp) and yea, I hate playing games and it wasn't my intent at all when I wouldn't call him... the whole thread started as a general question when guys say they are going to call you by such and such a time and then don't. With this particular guy.. well, we have somewhat of a history together... dated, and then it's over... he's back again... then yep, it's over again! This time around we are "just friends" although I think we were both sort of testing the waters..? anyho, I've gotten to the point with this guy where I refuse to chase him. I sometimes think that's what he wants me to do... but in the past when I did it bit me in the butt. I figure if he wants to see me he can call me... especially since he was the one that ended things... well the first time he was and the second time we both sort of decided... even though I still really liked him, he just wasn't able to step up the way I needed him to.

Anyways! I'm glad he and I are friends now... although it is sort of weird at times. But a few months ago I was pretty angry and wanted nothing to do with him. Now it's like I can enjoy his company once in a while without feeling like I'm going to get my heart broke again... if any of this makes any sense! :p

• Author
TK - you know what I think! But you need to come hang out so I can tell you anyways :lmao:

I think you need to come up this way.. Boulder rocks! ;)

get it... boulder... rock..... SSSS! LOL!!!

I think you need to come up this way.. Boulder rocks! ;)

get it... boulder... rock..... SSSS! LOL!!!

Well if someone would be freeee I could get a ride