"but youre like my brother"

Two days ago at my grad party she showed up and was pulling her usual BS and I ignored her and focused on another girl that I know she doesnt like. When asked why i didnt spend time with her i responded "cause it would be weird for me to hit on my sister"

Oh, I just have to say - props to you, man. I'm just sitting here grinning. It gets the point across, lets you establish your own territory and asserts your right to go out and play (if she doesn't want to), and certainly gives her something to think about - all without being mean, as you're just following her lead. Nice work, and I don't mean because you "gave it back to her", but because you took it back for yourself.

Oh, I just have to say - props to you, man. I'm just sitting here grinning. It gets the point across, lets you establish your own territory and asserts your right to go out and play (if she doesn't want to), and certainly gives her something to think about - all without being mean, as you're just following her lead. Nice work, and I don't mean because you "gave it back to her", but because you took it back for yourself.

Agreed. Now let's see how long it takes before she starts reconsidering. :rolleyes:

• Author
funwithpaint

Thanks for the positive feedback. Although i cant say that move was motivated purely by me wanting to move on and not anger.

Anyway today she texted me and told me that she was "playing her old boyfriend"

I did not respond. Usually i would try to sub in for her sometimes absent moral compass but I decided that i was done with that crap.

Then she texted me asking if "she was mean for doing that"

Usually i would say no because i personally think that that specific ex is a tool.

This time i just left her hanging by saying "I dont know what to say"

I dont know if she has any idea how to fight back against my new behavior for the lack of a better word. Usually i talk alot and never deadend conversations but what im doing now is totally out of my normal behavoir.

It will be interesting to see if she picks up on what I'm doing and how she responds.