Sanford's Wife and OW

It's hard to say what I would do if my H announced to the world that the OW was his "soul-mate". All he would have to do is tell me that in the privacy of our own home, and the divorce would be final ASAP. I would never stay married to a man who felt that way about an OW.

However, I'm not the wife of a politician who is in the lime light, so I have no idea how I would handle the situation. I do hope, in the end, she figures out what is best for her and her kids. Hopefully she will leave him and find her own soul-mate. That is my wish for Mrs. Sanford.

PhoenixRise

I think Mrs. Sanford SHOULD be given credit for her initial comments. She DID show grace and she DID hold on to her dignity and her integrity and she did provide an excellent example for her children.

I don't know whether it had more to do with her religious beliefs or their poltical handlers, I don't think any of us can truly know her motivation. We can only speculate.

HOWEVER

After he stated to the AP that he has found his soulmate in Argentina but he is trying to fall back in love with his wife it really is all over. I don't think this woman is going to allow her husband to get away with adding insult to humiliation. We may never know about it, but He will most likely pay.

I think this all reflects much worse on the Husband than it does the wife. Why blame her for holding on and for leaving the door open for a reconciliation? She has a life she has bulit and 4 children. To the extent that she is able, she wants to protect that. Why not blame the MM for not leaving? Let him go off to Argentina to be with his soulmate with the oh so sexy tan lines. Let him be man enoungh to put his money where his mouth is. He is already busted. He has nothing left to hide. He has already lost. HE should man up and go.

I wonder if his gf will love him as much when she figures out that most of the money is from his W family.

So true Reggie. I think my first impulse was to save face not for me, but for our children; to smooth things over, let the dust settle and then to make decisions for my fown personal future when I felt I was capable and strong enough to do so.

But in the shock and confusion, yes, my first instinct was to spare the children any more public humiliation, as we live in a small town. I kicked him out while I encouraged their relationship with their father to remain as normal as possible. We began counseling.

Wow! That was tough, but I am so glad I did so.

When I read their emails to each other, I am struck by how sweet and narcisstic they sound: "I, I, I, Me, Me, Me," followed by beautiful sunsets ad nauseum.

There is nothing really about their children, their bills, their interactions with others. Their is little "reality" in the soulmate scenario he has claimed from what I have read.

And yes, other OW have come forward to claim he squired them around on occasions.

Why do affairs all seem to follow these dynamics?

Hmmm. Just speculation on my part, but I can see this happening:

He is hospitilized for some such emotional breakdown, determined to have some kind of chemical imbalance or food allergy- hence the bizarre behavior and comments.

Spin, spin, spin.

• Author
stillafool
Lots of folks are not thinking clearly for quite a while after the discovery. Cut his wife some slack. If you have been through this, you should understand the trauma and panic cause one to try to hold on for a while. It is the most common response I've seen.

Reggie I have been thru this and I left ASAP. My ex begged me back and I moved on. I don't have kids though, but knowing my personality I would do the same.