Clothing for a young guy

• Author
Have you considered antiperspirants with aluminum chloride, like Drysol, SweatStop or Maxim? Despite the controversy around them, they are highly effective.

I used a prescription antiperspirant last year, but it was only a bit effective. I'll look into others, though.

I have the same problem buddy. Mine's a bit worse though. I imagine it happens without you running around all over the place? This would be hyperhidrosis, and yeah - it's no fun. I have it severely on the hands too.

Whatever the case may be I have a few options for you. Like I mentioned earlier the light cashmere sweater is a good option that will not show the sweat and is usually not too warm (depending on where you live. I live in Texas so I can only rarely use them to my advantage).

Another option is some sports jerseys. I'm a football (the one with your foot silly!) fan so I have some jerseys for my favorite teams (Bayern München, etc.). The polyester that most jerseys are made of do not show sweat.

Hope it helps. The best thing to do with women (which I have never really tried...) is just be honest from the beginning. Make it into a joke or something, but if you don't put too much emphasis on it, I doubt they will. If they do, you know you're messing with someone too immature for you anyway.

It happens even if I'm sitting in an air conditioned room for a few hours. It mostly happens during this time from April - October, so cashmere isn't a good option.

I might just stick to white shirts. They absorb less heat as well, which will probably lessen the sweating.

And you're right about women who would put too much emphasis on it...though I keep good hygiene, and I wouldn't want something like this to give people the impression that I'm some greasy and sweaty bum, haha.

It happens even if I'm sitting in an air conditioned room for a few hours. It mostly happens during this time from April - October, so cashmere isn't a good option.

I might just stick to white shirts. They absorb less heat as well, which will probably lessen the sweating.

And you're right about women who would put too much emphasis on it...though I keep good hygiene, and I wouldn't want something like this to give people the impression that I'm some greasy and sweaty bum, haha.

Well you suffer from hyperhidrosis, like I said. Fortunately for you it's not too severe. I have the same problem, but year round (then again living in Texas doesn't help much).

Jersey works. :cool:

I know what you mean. It's not something that anyone will enjoy talking about but if you know a bit about hyperhidrosis you can explain it that way. From a scientific standpoint it doesn't sound so bad. Sweaty bum image is no help, I agree. At least there is no smell with the sweat so in that regard you should be okay.

I used a prescription antiperspirant last year, but it was only a bit effective. I'll look into others, though.

I'm a pretty sweaty dude as well - not sure if it's hyperhidrosis or just nerves/genes. I have noticed that it seems to happen in chucks of time about 2 or 3 months. Not necessarily during the summer, or even during the winter, but it has happened where it seems like every waking hour I'm sweating no matter where I am - this time last year was like that, but recently I've only sweat when it's 90 degrees and sunny and humid out, otherwise been dry. Again, it's also happened when the temp is 10*F so it's kinda weird.

Also seems to be linked to my stress level (higher meaning sweatier), and my overall calmness. In addition, it seems to be a negative-feedback sort of thing as well; meaning if I'm sweating, then I think about that fact, which results in more sweating, etc. Right now my life is generally calm, or I at least don't let things get to me like I used to, and viola, no sweat.

Ok, I'll stop droning on. Just trying to give a different perspective rather than just changing what you wear. Is hyperhidrosis purely physical or can it be psychological as well? If it's the latter, then I know how to combat it (and so do you). :)