Who has never heard from their ex again?

My ex broke up with me after we dated for 3 months. Then I waited 3 months and contacted him. Then for about another 3 months we hung out regularly (I always initiated which was a bad sign) until recently. A week before my ex left for a month-long trip, I called to see if I could take him out to a send-off dinner. We'd met for dinner dates before that were casual and never led to anything romantic since our breakup. The day we were supposed to get together for dinner he called and blew me off, saying that he had to reschedule b/c he got invited to a party by some friends.

This made me angry and I told him to stop playing games with me and stop giving me mixed messages. I told him that blowing me off was a sign he didn't respect me and I deserved better treatment than that. He confessed that he blew me off because he thought I still had feelings for him. He added he didn't think we'd work as a couple but wouldn't elaborate (typical guy response not to give details why, even when asked). So, I reassured him that no, I didn't think of dating him anymore because of the way he refuses to communicate and respect my feelings.

I never saw him before he left for his month long trip. He sent 2 emails via his iPhone to a list of people and he included me on that list. So sent him a reply email; telling him that I wished him well on his month-long journey, hoped he finds what he's looking for, and that despite our failure as a romantic couple, was optimistic about our friendship with each other. I haven't received any more updates via email from him and its been about a week. Who knows if he'll ever contact me again in the future.

It still hurts and of course I wish it had worked out. I truly believed he and I could work out as a couple, despite our communication style differences. (Im really direct and he's more passive-aggressive).

Who knows what the future holds for him and I.

It's been 9months since she and I broke up.

She's been in and out of my life 2-3 times since then, Contact for about a week and then gone for a few months. Well, she's back for good now. Still loves me, still thinks we have the insane connection we did, let's just hope I can be everything I want to be this time for her.

How did the two of you end up getting back together? How long have you been back together?

My ex and I are " friends" we just went on a holiday together, even though we only dated for 6 weeks over christmas we have remained in weekly contact. We go for dinner every couple of weeks, or a movie, it's hard, it's difficult, every day I want to cut contact, but I miss the friendship, I don't want a relationship, but I am still very attracted to him