Being married...but not legally married?

i think the bashing goes both ways, and not everyone on each side can recognize the forest for the trees. A lot of us liberals pile onto the 'PC' bandwagon a bit overzealously, but in kind of a reactionary fashion, as many have been, in their turn, castigated quite vehemently, for their own choices and beliefs. i can't think of any one group that is blameless in this regard, and i believe it's dangerous to start adapting too much of an 'us vs. them' mentality.

as for 'poor miss california,' don't cry for her, touche. she's getting a LOT of mileage out of her fifteen minutes. personally, i disagree with her beliefs and think it's unfortunate that she sounded like an idiot while she attempted to encapsulate them for the media, but whatever. i think it's a shame overall that the two sides of this important national debate are being represented by carrie prejean and perez hilton, it's like ignorance vs. scum, cheap and hardly productive, IMO.

as for the OP, trialbyfire asked the most pertinent question: how do YOU feel about legal marriage vs. commitment ceremony?

I must say, there's not much I can argue about here. I agree. Especially the bolded part above.:laugh: Well put.

And yes, what the OP feels is what is important here. I'm sorry for my part in having this go off-topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you dress up, throw a party and wear jewelry without getting married? Well, yes.

I'm not quite sure I understand the underlying issue in your question. :confused: