I'm best friends with my wife but I love my girlfriend

anonimouse

• Author
Originally posted by jalexy

you stink, go away. we gave you opinions, like them or not. what you are doing is wrong and you cant see that.

Umm, sounds like the someone has only just got out of primary school!

I never said what i was doing was right ... just asked for a suggested roadmap from here on.

Anyway thanks everyone for your opinions.

2SidestoStories

I'll try hard to stifle judgements, because I'm sure you've received plenty (I haven't read through the entire thread mind you, just the initial post.)

The suggestion I make to you, and forgive me if it has been made elsewhere also, is to file for divorce from your wife, but continue to provide for the children and for her to some extent (I do not know whether she is gainfully employed or not.) You ought also be financially responsible for your girlfriend's baby, if it is indeed your child. Unfortunately, this will obviously be quite complicated what with the loss of your well-paying job. However, as someone who has hope that you have a speck of honor in your blood, I feel you will find some way to make those ends meet.

You say that the affair was somehow made to be discovered by your girlfriend; what was your wife's reaction? Has she forgiven you and tried to move on?

Your concern about 'compromising' your situation with your wife and children frankly shocks me, likely for all the same reasons that the rest of the folks who have flamed you here have given: it is not even so much that you had the affair, but that you are willing to consider finding ways to continue in your dishonesty. It is time that you give your wife and children the entire truth and be prepared to face the consequences of your actions. As you were man enough to make the decision to have an affair in the first place, so should you be man enough to accept any and all results of your actions.