Back @ Work, my assistant promoted above me while I was gone

BoredPerson
Oh, I told my "assistant" weeks before I left for the surgery that this was her time to shine and show them what she can do and to make sure she did her best. I also gave her all the tools she needed to do her best, I put reminders on her calendar for important meeting's, event's, etc. I pretty much planned out most of her time before I left and made it fool proof (because it's a reflection of me).

In her reviews I always put, "X does a great job and could do better if she had the confidence in herself that I have."

I really mentored her.

Also if you read my other posts you would see that my bosses told me not to help her anymore and I said I would have a hard time turning my back on anyone who needed help.

Live and learn.

You should have forwarded the emails in a non confrontational manner. What exactly has she been promoted to ? Moving the office ? Oh big bloody deal. She'll stuff it up and end up being cast as another doofus AA.

Just do you job and try to look like you want to take on more complex work. Go back to school l(if you haven't already) and get a technical qualification.

I think it is hard to help you when we don't know where you are trying to get promoted to, or are you wanting to be in officer support forever ?

In her reviews I always put, "X does a great job and could do better if she had the confidence in herself that I have."

Why would you do that ? You don't write stuff like that when someone is a level below you. Just say exactly how she is performing. When you are multiple levels or years and years ahead you can build the person up but not when you are more or less on the same level.