"just let whatever happens happen"

how many of you guys heard this statement from a girl? so fustrating isnt it?

first, why do girls like to say this?

second, what does it even mean?

third, if you want something to happen dont you want to do something about it rather then just sit back and let it happen?

please all the girls out there opinions and thoughts about this one.

From my personal experiences.... I wouldn't say that to a guy that I really like. I would want something to happen Now.

BUT... on the other hand... she may be confused about how she really feels so she is saying.. Let what ever happen... happen.

I'd have to know the full story to give more input though. Are you guys friends???

belocchoc129

yeah, I agree with you. If I really like a guy, I want to do sth to attract his attention, or at least let him know that I care about him. But if he still doesn't understand that, I can't do more and I'll say 'just let whatever happens' (actually, it depends on every girl's personality). But for me, that sentence doesn't necessarily mean I don't care. Its just that I did care but nothing happened at all. And that sentence is just to express my frustration.

P.S: however, why didn't tell us ur story? We'll read it and figure it out for u.

LucreziaBorgia

1. first, why do girls like to say this?

2. second, what does it even mean?

3. third, if you want something to happen dont you want to do something about it rather then just sit back and let it happen?

1. It shows you that the girl is interested, usually.

2. It means she wants you to make the first move.

3. Some women like to be pursued instead of being the aggressor.

• Author

well me and this girl have been close for a while. Ive told her i like her and she knows that. and thats what she said to me. "just let whatever happens happen" i know she cares for me too and we hang out and talk but i want us to be something more.

LucreziaBorgia

Have you taken her out on what couldn't be mistaken for anything except a date? Hanging out is one thing, but when you go all out it is quite another.

belocchoc129

well, if you want sth more than friends, just make a move. I think when she told u that, she meaned that she wanted you to make "sth happen", but she was quite shy (as I guess) and couldn't say that as a girl, so she just kinda said "just let whatever happen happens". Just talk to her more, let her know how much u care about her, invite her to a date or sth...then you'll know what she's thinking