Why do many men kid themselves with the whole younger woman thing?

CommitmentPhobe

I'm the under the impression that some of the younger women on the forum are often more introspective and mellow than their older counterparts...

Gullible is more like it. :laugh:

There is some correlation between increase in age and increase in jadedness. I won't name names, but I'm the under the impression that some of the younger women on the forum are often more introspective and mellow than their older counterparts...

I realise that I will be bashed for 'not being able to handle' mature women :rolleyes:. Maybe that's true, or maybe I just don't want to. So? But a mellow, laidback, no angst/ADD 35 year old will have my attention any day of the week.

I agree with you 100%. It's my real issue with older women. They are simply set in their ways, not as easy going as younger women and have far more hang-ups than younger women. Younger women have their own set of issues, but at the end of the day, they are less work in my experience. By less work I simply mean they are easy to get along with and are not always looking for an argument or having a "talk". Younger women are also far more prone to simply let a guy be himself(IMO).

One thing is for sure, younger women are FAR more receptive to differing opinions on any given issue as long as you are receptive to their ideas and opinions. Older women have held their opinions for so long they are rarely interested in looking at things from an alternative viewpoint.

What's with all the cliches here lately? :rolleyes: Nice way to generalize!

Guess what? There ARE men in their 40's who aren't rich and don't look like a movie star, but ARE dating women half their age. Wow, maybe they even LOVE each other too. How about that for a concept?

um yeah ok, and these men are on every corner huh. We are talking in general terms so of course, we are going to generalize. Meaning, on average, a man in his 40s, with no cash in his wallet, dating a 20 year old is quite rare. Women do tend to date older because there is a belief that women mature faster than men but we are talking 5-6 years older here, not 20+ years.

Someone mentioned that with age comes these "wordliness and experience" that young women are attracted to, that is quite true but with worldliness and experience also comes a nice savings account, and/or investment portfolio. Enough disposable income to take her out to each a few times a week and not at Chilis or TGI fridays either.

You don't have to be a millionaire, don't get me wrong but you do have to be significantly richer than she is, meaning fancy dinners and vacations are not outside your reach. Only then will she look your way. I'm in my 20s and I'm speaking as a twenty something not as a 35 year old trying to defend my age.

And yes you can be fit as a fiddle going to the gym 7 days a week BUT, a fit as a fiddle 40 year old man still can't hold a candle to a fit and fiddle 25 year old guy. The gym can't cure those wrinkles or that sagging skin.

EVERYONE is attracted to youth, both men and women.

Jersey Shortie

Same things can be said about men. Ridgidness, control issues, bitterness to women and now thinking I shoud heel all that because I am younger. Those are not attractive on men either.

Thinking that you're good enough to run a 4 minute mile doesn't mean you can run one.

I never could actually, nor have I ever thought I could. But I've always been able to date 20-30, which is more on point. Why does the fact that I date younger bother you so much? Do you have some legitimate concern for my wellbeing I should know about?

I don't agree with this statement, there are attractive people of many different age groups in both genders.

Agree with this.

Attraction is a complex formula. You can't just throw age in there and out pops the result.

Some women have age preferences, some don't. Yes, there are some that are attracted to men that are much older than they are. But I would say more often than not if you be that right man she's looking for, she'd be willing to break her "age rule".

As for men that exclusively date women that are a lot younger, that's a personal preference. That's like a man that prefers tall brunettes. It's not right, it's not wrong, it's simply a personal preference. Sure, he'll pass up a lot of short blonds that are attractive and are good women. So? Big deal. That's his preference. We all have preferences.

One thing none of us are entitled to do is to tell another person what their preference is supposed to be.

Jersey Shortie

Stop making yourself the martyr Clv.

Trialbyfire

I'm laughing that there are at least two 20-something younger women who have issue with 40-something leches! :lmao:

I agree with you 100%. It's my real issue with older women. They are simply set in their ways, not as easy going as younger women and have far more hang-ups than younger women. Younger women have their own set of issues, but at the end of the day, they are less work in my experience. By less work I simply mean they are easy to get along with and are not always looking for an argument or having a "talk". Younger women are also far more prone to simply let a guy be himself(IMO).

One thing is for sure, younger women are FAR more receptive to differing opinions on any given issue as long as you are receptive to their ideas and opinions. Older women have held their opinions for so long they are rarely interested in looking at things from an alternative viewpoint.

Then again one could argue that older women are just more difficult to bullsh*t. They've heard it all, if not, they've heard most of it, so they can sniff your BS from miles away.

Younger women, still have a bit of learning to do and ofcourse, they pay their dues with you. Soon, they too will hit 35 and you will no longer be able to pull one over their eyes.

Then again one could argue that older women are just more difficult to bullsh*t. They've heard it all, if not, they've heard most of it, so they can sniff your BS from miles away.

Younger women, still have a bit of learning to do and ofcourse, they pay their dues with you. Soon, they too will hit 35 and you will no longer be able to pull one over their eyes.

Yeah, young women are "easier" to deal with. So are 12 year olds.

• Author
CommitmentPhobe
I never could actually, nor have I ever thought I could. But I've always been able to date 20-30, which is more on point. Why does the fact that I date younger bother you so much? Do you have some legitimate concern for my wellbeing I should know about?

It doesn't bother me

I'm just stating facts clv. Why does it bother you if all I'm saying is facts? Men in their 40's can't match the fitness, don't have the sperm count, don't have as much opportunity or to offer younger women as their younger counterparts.

• Author
CommitmentPhobe

That's the view I take.

Challenge is better!

EVERYONE is attracted to youth, both men and women.

True, but have you ever noticed how much of the male attraction to the youth and lack of "baggage" a younger women might have tends to be about his desire for her to have less sex partners she can compare his skills to? Also a lack of experience means she cannot so readily measure how his attitude and treatment of her measures up to what she can hope for in other men. For all a younger, less experienced girl can tell, his treatment of her and his skills in the bedroom might be as good as she can get. An older woman would know better and send them out the door.

This is a much less common concern amongst women.

Yeah, young women are "easier" to deal with. So are 12 year olds.
Well I guess unlike you I wouldn't know what dealing with a 12 year old means in the context we're discussing here. So I cannot have an opinion on that one.

BINGO!

Prettybaby, there are men who make love to children, and there are women in their 60's who have babies, it is very rare but anything is possible in this crazy world. But let's not over do it and say it is common, because it is not. Of course people fall in love and stay together for all sorts of reasons, but typically speaking a young woman will not go for a much older man unless he is gorgeous and looks spectacular or has money. Simple as that. Your case is rare, not the norm, but the more power to you for finding true love. I respect what you have a lot more than those women that date older men with money, you know they are in it for one thing and one thing only. You at least are real, that in itself is rare.

And another thing, a 20 something year old woman, with a good head on her shoulders will definitely question the attraction of a man twice her age to her.

I would want to know and actively look for signs that he wants to date me because he genuinely likes me--manugeorge--. Not because of the fact that I'm half his age. I would scrutinize his past relationships to see if he has a pattern of dating significantly younger women, that is usually a sign that he has some sort of a complex and I won't want to be another statistic in his line of conquests.

Some say, "oh I just relate to younger women better" blah blah blah. I call bullsh*t because he's interested in me based on some stereotypical assumption that women his age or a bit younger are difficult, bitter, jaded, old or what have you. There are as many "older" women who are young at heart as there are ones who are bitter.

A mature man doesn't paint ALL women with the same brush, he gives equal opportunity to all.

True, but have you ever noticed how much of the male attraction to the youth and lack of "baggage" a younger women might have tends to be about his desire for her to have less sex partners she can compare his skills to? Also a lack of experience means she cannot so readily measure how his attitude and treatment of her measures up to what she can hope for in other men. For all a younger, less experienced girl can tell, his treatment of her and his skills in the bedroom might be as good as she can get. An older woman would know better and send them out the door.

This is a much less common concern amongst women.

I concur, a man preying on women half his age is trying to mask some insecurity. A woman half your age, will most likely demand less of you, much less than YOU ARE SUPPOSE to deliver in a relationship. So they hide behind this, because these men don't want to be called out on their gimpiness. They don't want to bring the A game they should bring to a relationship. They don't want to stand tall, deal with their equals and act like real men.

Trialbyfire

Facts about males over 40, causing breeding problems, due to DNA fragmentation in sperm:

1. Non-verbal intelligence of children, declines exclusively due to paternal age.
  2. Greater rate of miscarriage, infertility and birth defects due to fragmentation of DNA.
  3. Children born to men from 40 and up have six times the risk of having autism, than from men under 30.
  4. The risk of children developing prostate and breast cancer later in life, is due to paternal age.
  5. Exclusively due to aging paternal sperm are the risks of Apert Syndrome, Crouzon syndrome, Pfeiffer syndrome, dwarfism, and 50% of Down syndrome cases.
  6. Paternal aging sperm contribute to a higher percentage of schizophrenia.

Is everyone with me so far? :p

Well I guess unlike you I wouldn't know what dealing with a 12 year old means in the context we're discussing here. So I cannot have an opinion on that one.

I was simply trying to make a point. :rolleyes: The younger ANYONE is, the easier they are to manipulate.

Why do women worry so much about what older men are doing...especially when much of the comments on this forum are negative about men in that age group.

"Some" older women take it personally that "some" men date or want to date younger women....go figure.

Women can date whoever they want as far as I'm concerned...I don't think very many men care either....It "seems" to be a female thing to want to figure out why some men do what they do, and then bash them for it, as if it has something to do with them personally. What a waste of energy...

Back on topic, I for one want nothing to do with someone in their 20's or early 30's as relationship material. I'm sure someone here will post something negative about that comment....

This is a generalisation I'll probably be struck down for, but I've noticed that girls in their twenties who haven't gone into further education are often more likely to be okay with the notion of a much older boyfriend. Possibly it's because they went straight into work after leaving school, and have got used to mixing socially with people of all ages (office parties etc). So it wouldn't be such a leap to start dating a guy 15 to 20 years older.

In my early to mid twenties, a couple of times I went out with older men - mid to late thirties - but it didn't work for me. I found them a bit too patronising....and (this makes me laugh now) they seemed to compare me unfavourably with more mature women. As a student type, I didn't seem to have the life experience or the right to venture an opinion worth listening to. I didn't want that. I wanted boyfriends who I could converse with on an equal level rather than feeling "talked down to". Guys who I could have fun with, and whose social lives would mesh nicely with my own.

Getting seriously involved with a much older man could make a girl feel quite isolated from her peer group, I think. For a man looking for a younger girlfriend, I would think that admin staff where he works might be a good bet. Experience of working with a diverse group is likely to mean she'll be reasonably comfortable and happy in social gatherings where most of the people are much older - and as someone who's been working for a few years (as opposed to a recent university graduate) she would perhaps be taken more seriously by an older boyfriend. Graduate types are more likely to still be involved with a social circle from their university days.

• Author
CommitmentPhobe
I was simply trying to make a point. :rolleyes: The younger ANYONE is, the easier they are to manipulate.

That's not the way you're supposed to respond to him

A much younger woman would have realised their mistake, apologised several times over, and given him a blowjob.

And another thing, a 20 something year old woman, with a good head on her shoulders will definitely question the attraction of a man twice her age to her.

I would want to know and actively look for signs that he wants to date me because he genuinely likes me--manugeorge--. Not because of the fact that I'm half his age. I would scrutinize his past relationships to see if he has a pattern of dating significantly younger women, that is usually a sign that he has some sort of a complex and I won't want to be another statistic in his line of conquests.

Some say, "oh I just relate to younger women better" blah blah blah. I call bullsh*t because he's interested in me based on some stereotypical assumption that women his age or a bit younger are difficult, bitter, jaded, old or what have you. There are as many "older" women who are young at heart as there are ones who are bitter.

A mature man doesn't paint ALL women with the same brush, he gives equal opportunity to all.

I would question the exact same things Manugeorge! If I were a woman at 41 and I had a man half my age interested in me I too would question what he could possibly see in me, and I would think he would question my emotional stability as a grown woman. It goes both ways. But a man in those shoes makes has an easier time negating the idea he might be getting used for other things other than the enjoyment of being with who he is.

I equate this type of mentality to the type of man that drops hundreds of dollars on strippers and is convinced she wants him, when the reality is she wants any and every man who is willing to drop some cash on her, for these types of men she will make them believe she is geneuinely interested in them and the minute he walks out of the club she is sucking some other geezer in the VIP. the funny thing is some men actually talk themselves into believing it is genuine show of affection/attention.

As long as you are aware of the beneficial exchange of good that is happening, then it's a-ok as far as I am concerned. But don't try to tell me it's because you have something special, money ain't special it gets you places but there ain't nothin' special about it.

That's not the way you're supposed to respond to him

A much younger woman would have realised their mistake, apologised several times over, and given him a blowjob.

LMFAOROTF!!!!!!! :lmao: :lmao:

I'm MUCH more likely to give up the BJ (and much better than a 20 year old, I might add ;)) if I get treated like an intelligent woman instead of some simpering little chicky whose only goal in life is to please, please, PLEASE THE MALE OF THE SPECIES. :laugh:

Men in their 40's can't match the fitness, don't have the sperm count, don't have as much opportunity or to offer younger women as their younger counterparts.

I'm not bothered in the least, in fact I agree that in all ways physical I'm not nearly as good as I was 20 years ago, by a long shot. For whatever reason plenty of pretty young women still want to date me. Sigh. What can I do but let them?