** EX SENT ME A BLANK TEXT MSG... what does this mean?.. any thoughts?...

Charmaine_Champagne

It could be two things:

1) Purely accidental. It could be a butt text. I've done this when I forgot to lock my phone and stuck it in my bag. That's when I sent random blank texts to some people. Since men don't normally carry purses (unless one is European - puhlease, I've seen the tight a** jeans y'all wear and I dated a Greek guy in Greece who carried around a clutch.... anyway...digressing), I'm thinking he could have put his phone in his pocket and had his a** accidentally text you.

2) Purely intentional. He's playing games like a scared little boy. Maybe he'll pull your pigtails or pass a note during recess. Regardless, it's a childless thing that shows his balls have rescinded into his body. It's an obvious sign of immaturity.

In either situations 1 or 2, it doesn't look good. 1 means that he was not thinking of you and 2 means he was but wanted to manipulate you and take advantage of your vulnerability.

hopesndreams
It could be two things:

2) Purely intentional. He's playing games like a scared little boy. Maybe he'll pull your pigtails or pass a note during recess. Regardless, it's a childless thing that shows his balls have rescinded into his body. It's an obvious sign of immaturity.

HAHAHA...pulling pigtails, luv it!

Regardless, it's a childless thing that shows his balls have rescinded into his body.

I love this! :D

OP, I wouldn't respond to the blank text. He's testing you to see if you're still thinking of him and still has an effect on you. I bet he'll say it's an accident or won't respond at all!

If it's really something important, he should give you a call or request that you two see each other.

i know i'm over-analyzing it all but i just want to know is he feeling anything like what i'm feeling. do you think i should just ignore it?

Yes. And just in case that was unclear, I'll put it more succinctly: Yes.

anymore thoughts on why send a blank text?

It's a waste of energy to ponder it. It was blank. It was either an accident or a stupid game.

what does it mean?... does it mean anything?

See above. ...waste of energy.... blank... accident or stupid game....

You said it yourself:

if he really wanted me back he would at least call me or text me and say he misses me.
If it has no words then it says and means nothing...

I agree. If an ex did this to me I'd be furious. It would mean he is a coward, unwilling to resolve anything, and playing mind games with me. Immature,silly, and meaningless.

If he really wanted a second chance, he'd ask to see you and TALK about your issues, openly, maturely and above all SERIOUSLY.

its true!! If he wanted to be with you......he would say it!! Stay strong, I know its not easy, he has no idea what you are up to, he left you, do not contact him. Be strong for u, u deserve better :)

I agree that the best response is no response. He needs better bait if he's serious about getting you to bite.

But I did think about doing this myself, once. I was the dumpee, and I guess I just wanted him to know I was thinking about him, without opening up a real conversation. It wasn't meant to be manipulative at all. But I didn't do it, because I really didn't want to break NC.

Ruby Slippers

Totally agree. DO NOT RESPOND. LET IT GO.

I got a new phone recently, and the key sequence for opening a text on my old phone is the one that will reply and send a blank message on the new phone, so I have accidentally done that a few times. Maybe he was reading an old text from you and accidentally responded, or something like that?

Otherwise, if it was intentional, it's exceedingly lame. You're right. If he really wanted you back, he would make a very CLEAR move -- not some totally lame blank text.

Ignore it.