I'm still in love with my ex from 17 years ago...we're both married now, ?

reading your story is like reading mine! My story goes back 25years, when I met my ex. The chemistry was electric and I've never felt anything near since. To cut a long story short our relationship ended abruptly and we both went our own ways, lost touch,both got married. However ther love I had for my husband was one of the head, not of the heart. For 20 I searched for my ex, passing in front of his old home, etc, never once asking myself what I was doing. it was like being led by an invisible hand. Little did I know he was doing the same. My marriage wasn't good, more of a friendship, but we had 2 children. He too. He contacted me via the internet ( after 25 years) and I had waited 25 years for this day, not once did I find it a surprise.

We chatted over the net every day. I cried like I'd never cried before, not because I realised my marriage was a shambles but because he was 1000km away. My husband found out, we shared some honest truths and decided to separate asour marriage had been dead from the beginning. My ex'"s marriage too is a shambles but he has decided to stick it out for now for the sake of his children. We stopped communicting

Reading your story is like reading mine! My story goes back 25 years, when I met my ex. The chemistry was electric and I've never felt anything near since. To cut a long story short our relationship ended abruptly and we both went our own ways, lost touch,both got married. However ther love I had for my husband was one of the head, not of the heart. I beleive I goit married to cover the hurt I felt losing my ex. For 20 years I searched for my ex, passing in front of his old home, etc, never once asking myself what I was doing. it was like being led by an invisible hand. Little did I know he was doing the same. My marriage wasn't good, more of a friendship, but we had 2 children. He too. He contacted me via the internet ( after 25 years) and I had waited 25 years for this day, not once did I find it a surprise.

We chatted over the net every day. I cried like I'd never cried before, not because I realised my marriage was a shambles but because he was 1000km away. My husband found out, we shared some honest truths and decided to separate as our marriage had been dead from the beginning. My ex's marriage too is a shambles but he has decided to stick it out for now for the sake of his children. We stopped communicating but we couldn't cope and started again, not wanting this distance between us. Our feelings haven't changed in 25 years and there is still so much chemsitry between us. We also know that in 25 years alot of water has passed under the bridge and once we meet things may be different. But we realise too that we have to meet, we have to see if what we're feeling is real, if it is then we have a long hard road ahead of us, if it isn't then we can both move on. If you have feelings like this then there's something wrong in a marriage and decisions have to be made. But I believe in soulmates, in unfinished business. time will tell

LakesideDream

Syd, There is so much advice I can give you. Posters here will probably know my situation pretty well. The road you are tip-toeing on is fraught with many pitfalls.

It's Easter here though. I'm watching a ball game, posting on LoveShack, and pondering left over pizza... so maybe this isn't the right day to scratch my scabs to offer you advice. Another day, maybe tomorrow if you are interested.

Be careful my man... very careful.

we have practically been corresponding via email and telephone almost every day...sometimes more then 2 times a day....secretly behind our partners back....openly professing emotions and feelings that should have died 17 years ago! Instead we've realised that such feelings had never left either of us...but simply laid dormant! With these feelings re-ignited and burning strong as if we were back in 1992(possibly even stronger!)....

there is nothing here that is threatening our relationships we already have!

Don't these two posts contradict each other on a basic level? In situations like yours, one can't help but wonder what your reaction would be were the shoe on the other foot. If your wife came to you and said "Honey, I've reconnected with and fallen back in love with an old boyfriend", your response would be.... :confused: ???

Mr. Lucky

• 1 month later...
Sydney Australia, late Spring 1992 when we first encountered each other. I had come from two previous relationships, a broken man...learning the hard way...not to give your heart, mind, body and soul to someone who doesn't want it. As deflated as I was from my experience with love so far...i still remained optimistic!

It was a Sunday evening after church when I met her....a brief introduction through a cousin, INSTANT chemistry and attraction and so began the story of MAC (I'm using acronyms just in case our significant others stumble across this forum!) We were on the phone to each other that very night...and we were together again 2 days later! And it was on this second encounter that I asked her to be my girl and if I could be her man...despite the fact that we would only have less than two weeks together, as she was leaving for the USA. Those two weeks would prove to be the fastest two weeks of my entire existence! Believe me when I say...I didn't want to get too involved...i didn't want to fall in love too deep if she wasn't going to stay! But it so turns out that my intentions would prove to be countered by something SO SPECIAL that still to this day AMAZES me...and makes me smile. I couldn't help but fall HARD for this girl! How could you not fall in love with someone who was already CLEARLY in love with you?! Upon her departure I would commit to wait for her...4 years seemed achievable...I'd never had a LDR before and I believed we could make it work! However as fate would have it....it was only 22 months later where all would fall apart and I would be left feeling like a fool! With all hope lost! Any chances for a reunion seemed near impossible....it would take me 4 years later after the break-up that I eventually moved on and met my wife of 10 years today!

OMG! WTF! NO WAY! These were the first three things that crossed my mind when I realized that the girl of my dreams, who I'd committed to wait for all those years ago...was now back in my life...17 years later!?!?! Why was this happening? I wanted to comprehend but didn't care if I didn't! In this one sentence I want to bless and curse modern technology at the same time. Why? Because it was through a social networking site that we would find our pasts align themselves again and we would reconnect. Much of the initial correspondence was purely opportunities to catch up...I would go on to tell her that I was married now with children and she too was committed in marriage with a child...but it has now been over 3 months since we found each other again (online) and we have practically been corresponding via email and telephone almost every day...sometimes more then 2 times a day....secretly behind our partners back....openly professing emotions and feelings that should have died 17 years ago! Instead we've realised that such feelings had never left either of us...but simply laid dormant! With these feelings re-ignited and burning strong as if we were back in 1992(possibly even stronger!)....we both know and accept that there is nothing we can do to rekindle a relationship, a life together as it should have been intended....now that we are very very much involved with others!? All I know is that now that i have her back in my life I never want to lose her ever, ever again! And I believe she feels the same! The problem is I still want to hold her...kiss her....just one more time! I still want to experience her in an intimate way.....but know I shouldn't....know I can't...coz we are meant to be with others!

So I am curious to know....are there any others out there who might be in a similar situation....where old flames have returned and past feelings resurface!?! We are both just wondering if we are the only two of our kind...?

Why is it that you always want....what you can't have?

I split with my fiance of 5 years, some 35 years ago, 1 year ago we found each other on the net and have been writing and texting ever since. Love don't go away. One of us is happily married and the other divorced, but it doesn't stop those feelings of true love. There is not alot you can do about it, but try and excpet each other as just good friends and be happy that you both have a good life, its very sad, but you cant change the past unless you are both unattached, i really feel for you and know how you feel.

Wish you both all the best