Psychological/Mentally Abusive Parent

Bethiepooh

wow-

after reading through these posts, i cant believe how similiar most of our moms are.

here's my version-

Im 21 years old and still live at home. If i had the money to move out, i would do it in a heartbeat. Living home is really driving me up the wall. Every day when I come home from work, there's drama, fighting, yelling, and arguing.

I have a little sister who is 18 years old and on anti-depressants. She has a personality disorder and I think the main reason for that is my mom.

My mom is also very controlling, and mentally abusive. At times, she would say things like "go away and never come back" "i hate you" "you ruined my life" "i want to kill myself" "god just kill me already" etc.. the list goes on.

But out of all the mean and cruel things she would say, nothing compares to her controlling ways. My mom also doesnt work, she's a stay at home mom. This I think is a main cause of why she is the way she is. She doesnt socialize with anyone, doesnt have any friends, and doesnt talk to anyone outside our family. All she does is go shopping, spending my dads hard earned cash, to make her happy. She is also has an obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to cleaning. No doctor has diagnosed this, but I know she has this! Everytime I tell her she needs help, she just shrugs it off like she doesnt care. She vacuums the house 4 times a day b/c she likes to see the lines the vacuum leaves. crazy. she needs everything to be perfect. No hair in the sink, my room immaculate, everything in its place. I understand its her house, her rules, but its getting way out of hand.

She doesnt listen to what anyone says. Its her way, or the highway. If she doesnt get her way, she turns into a demon. This behavior, has latched on to my sister. She is worse. If she doesnt get her way, she becomes extrememly violent and angry... where she almost foams at the mouth! she has chased me around the house before with a knife in hand... i have so many stories but that would take forever to type.

anyways, my dad doesnt do anything. he works, comes home, eats and goes to sleep. My sister and I have no relationship with my dad... its weird. we just say 'hi' and 'bye' to him and thats it. He has 2 previous sons that have abandoned him when my dad re-married to my mom. i think the reason my dad is so quiet and doesnt care about us, is becasue he doesnt have a relationship with his 2 other sons. Growing up, he was the one who beat us. he didnthit, he beat. all the anger he bottles up,he takes out on us. He has thrown things at us and pushed us downstairs... disfunctional? yes! i made the mistake of fighting back. he went after me one day and i kicked him.. this was when i was maybe 11 years old. turns out, a couple of months ago, he tells me he lost respect for me ever since that day i kicked him. well, why didnt he ever talk to me about it?!!

i cant wait to get of my house. i have a good job now and plan on going to college in a couple of years. i pay $600 a month for my car so when im finished with payments, i can start paying for a mortgage. my boyfriend is attneding welding school this fall so hopefully i'll be out in a year. i want to go and never look back but it'll be too hard. my parents, even with their crazy twisted personality disorders, have done a lot for me nonetheless. you just have to live with it. even if it hurts you deep down inside, you have to accept, you were born into that family. also, remember that your parents wont be around forever. but it hurts knowing you cant change these people you love.. you just have to deal.

• 1 year later...