The OW for 2 mos & got out!! That *#&* hurt too bad!!

You seem to have a grip on things now.:)...Good for you!! It is a hard road!

Just don't put your life on hold for him. Even sub-conciously. I did it for a year without realizing what I was doing until HE finally made the decision to stay with his wife. And, I was a year older...a year more frustrated & the pain came flooding back. :cool: Good Luck! Keep us posted on your progress.

Montclair0011

SugarM - I was in a similar situation and it did not work out for me. BUT, you are doing all the right things and it might for you. You need to set up firm boundaries from the get-go for what you will and will not accept. You have done that so don't waver.

I think you have a good chance of success down the road but you should treat this as it is over and try to move on. Have NC with him until he moves out. What you told him about wanting to be with him in 6 months IF you were still available was exactly the right thing to say.

Now you should try to forget about him and work on yourself and even try to find someone else (maybe internet dating?). If he comes back, great, but if not maybe by then you won't care. Good luck.

• Author

I am totally aware of the games that he is trying to play. I am so glad that I can look at this more objectively. My heart was really on a roll. I look back at my postings and wonder what was I thinking? I AM NOT GONNA LET ANY MAN TAKE MY HEART AND DO WHATEVER THEY WANT WITH IT! I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR MY PAIN (STARTING IT AND STOPPING IT)!

I am finished with him because he does not deserve an amazing woman like me. I think I am gonna stay out of relationships for a while. I would like to think that my judgement is better when it comes to picking men but I guess not.

Thank you everyone for being here for me!!!! I will keep u updated.