Can I get her back?

• Author

Had a friend forward me an email that my ex had sent them on the 29th December in regards to some chit chat they were having....

I've pasted a part of it here:

Glad you enjoyed the choccies!! I've ben a lady of leisure lately!! Been

doing gardening (loads of it!! Re-did the whole garden for my home open!).

Other than that, I've been researching for my trip overseas!!

I'm heading off in March and will be cruising the world for about a year!!

Hopefully I won't come back!! Love for something huge to happen while I'm

away!! - going to Asia first, then MIddle East, Africa, Middle Europe, South

America, Mexico, Canada, New Zealand, QLD, then home (if I make it home!!).

Will be having a huge going away so you have to come!!

Basically, i havent even got straws to hang onto do i? :(

BrainRightHeartWrong

KitWalker,

this does not look good for you regarding your ex, you got no mention whatsoever, you are not part of her plans!

all i can say is that we do feel for you and maybe knowing this fact will help you move on, it is a tough thing to do but maybe in years time when you are in a mutually loving relationship you will look back and think of the good times but also why you so unhappy also

unfortunately ( well for me anyway ) it takes me to fall in love again and usually a long long time to properly move on, just don't pressure yourself, everyone is individual and everyone has their own recovery period, just go out and try and enjoy your friends, talk to girls and take it slowly...

this is what i am doing, i have no interest in starting another relationship as i know i'm not ready, i am just being friendly to girls and trying to be sociable

saying that you can never rule an ex out, some get together after years of being apart, this is so rare however and the people probably forgot about each other in the interim

so as a friend advised me, no point you fretting about the end of the world when your ex is having a great time talking about being a lady of leisure!!!!!!!!!

Kit,

You were in a ten day no contact blackout at that time based on your previous posts, so she probably wasn't wrapped up in thoughts of you anyway.

Sounds like she has alot of time on her hands, so she's probably not dating.

She's going on her trip. It's very important to her.

She broke up with you because she wants to do this whirlwind trip that she has all these images of. But the reality of it will be different and when she returns she will most likely have it out of her system and have that amazing story to tell for life, which is probably what she is looking for. And she will be looking for a little peace when she comes back.

Odds are that she is going to come home. And she knows that you will still be here.

So maybe the pen pal thing can work. Or maybe you will just receive post cards from her. But you will see her again. Live your life and try to enjoy it while she is gone. Down the road maybe things will be better. In one way or another.