I'd appreciate any advice

Hello there,

I have a problem....maybe someone can help.

My boyfriend is usually a good guy.I love him alot.

He is usually a little down but now its gotten to the point where everytime we talk he threatens suicide.I try to help.It hurts me so much.I know he won't do it, but it feels like he is almost using the suicide threat as a way of manipulation.Can anyone help???????

It is truly a great compliment to you that a guy who has you as a girlfriend is always threatening suicide.

This is a guy you DON't need to be around. I know you say you love him but if he loved you he would NOT want to put you through the hurt you say you are sustaining. Unless he gets help NOW and understands this is behavior that is unacceptable to you, it will only get worse.

I know you love him and you may even feel guilty if you terminate the relationship over this. You were not condemned to be around a person who may suffer from chemical depression with suicidal tendencies or who is this manipulative. You may want to consult with a psychologist or counsellor and describe the situation to that person for more comprehensive information to help you make your decision. Free consultation would be available at a nearby university, mental health clinic, etc.

Suicide is very, very serious and many who threaten it go through with it. It is a cry for help. I don't think this is a manipulative thing. If he is stupid enough to think he can manipulate you with such a cheap tactic, you certainly don't want to be around him.

Report these threats to his parents or the proper social agencies in your city immediately. When he realizes how serious they are, he will either stop (if he is using it as manipulation) or get the help he needs.

I hope you will assess your desire to be around someone who is either so depressed he's on the verge of killing himself or so manipulative he would use such ignorant and dramatic tactics.

There are just too many good guys out there to be in a relationship with the posterboy for poor mental health.

I do have great sympathy for him in any case. He does need help of some sort but you have no obligation to him beyond that. You have an obligation to yourself to be away from this sort of behavior.

billy the kid

ok, so tell him to seek help and if he doesn't leave him what do you really have to loose??? either you leave him or you loose him.....rember above all " love your self"..

Hello there, I have a problem....maybe someone can help.

My boyfriend is usually a good guy.I love him alot. He is usually a little down but now its gotten to the point where everytime we talk he threatens suicide.I try to help.It hurts me so much.I know he won't do it, but it feels like he is almost using the suicide threat as a way of manipulation.Can anyone help???????