why has my ex changed so much for the worse?

pinkcrush88

my ex and i started dating when we were 18 and dated for 2 years. we broke up bc we argued a lot bc we are in two different places in our lives right now. im achieving my goals and hes too lazy to do his. so we argued part of the time but then i broke it off but wasnt sure but he was already saying he was done so there was no chance of us getting back together. then he came out and said that he didnt love me anyway and was just sticking around???i dunno. but before he was a good kid besides his laziness. but now its been 2 months since we broke up and he has gotten really close to his coworkers.

and now he just turned 21 and hes drinking and getting drunk, which he was always agains bc his dad is an alcholic, and hes getting in trouble with people, he wants a huge tattoo on his whole arm that he supposedly getting next week, and now apparently he just started using chewing tobacco which he hadnt done since h.s. i just dont understand why hes so different. ive expressed how ive felt about him a month ago but he doesnt want me. his friends hate me for some odd reason and bc i kept texting him. but i havent in almost a month.

i just dont get why he would be doing all these things so fast after we broke up. he never mentioned them before. i dont understand any ideas???? i would love to get back with him in the future once he figures out his priorities but ive almost lost all interest in him bc of all the bad things hes doing.

People really dont change that much. What they can do, however, is put on an act for as long as youre with them so you dont see them for what they are until its too late. Its part of keeping you on a string, notice how he even admits he was just 'sticking around' which means killing time.

I would do the best I could to not hear or know about his life anymore. If he wants to get drunk and get a tattoo, its not your problem.

my ex and i started dating when we were 18 and dated for 2 years. we broke up bc we argued a lot bc we are in two different places in our lives right now. im achieving my goals and hes too lazy to do his. so we argued part of the time but then i broke it off but wasnt sure but he was already saying he was done so there was no chance of us getting back together. then he came out and said that he didnt love me anyway and was just sticking around???i dunno. but before he was a good kid besides his laziness. but now its been 2 months since we broke up and he has gotten really close to his coworkers.

and now he just turned 21 and hes drinking and getting drunk, which he was always agains bc his dad is an alcholic, and hes getting in trouble with people, he wants a huge tattoo on his whole arm that he supposedly getting next week, and now apparently he just started using chewing tobacco which he hadnt done since h.s. i just dont understand why hes so different. ive expressed how ive felt about him a month ago but he doesnt want me. his friends hate me for some odd reason and bc i kept texting him. but i havent in almost a month.

i just dont get why he would be doing all these things so fast after we broke up. he never mentioned them before. i dont understand any ideas???? i would love to get back with him in the future once he figures out his priorities but ive almost lost all interest in him bc of all the bad things hes doing.

Drinking, getting in trouble, chewing tobacco and a tattoo-wish? We all express ourselfs in different ways. But my guess is that he is hurting, a lot. And very, very attention-seeking at the moment. And in fear of acting like a wimp, he is badmouthing you when together with his friends. And the reason why he is saying what he is saying to you, is because he doesn't trust you. And he doesn't want to look like the one who came crawling just because you perhaps is changing your mind.

Concentrate on making a good future and career for yourself.

You cannot change an individual, that change has to come from within him. Sometimes as much as we try, they have to hit rock bottom to institute those changes that we so much seek for them, but it takes them to make those changes.

Keep doing what you are doing!