Straight guys hanging out with gay guys?

d0ll

• Author
I dont think it makes you gay if you put gays in your mouth anymore than it makes you a spinach plant if you put spinach in your mouth

Yes but if you stop eating meat and only eat greens and such then you're considered a vegetarian.

wow ..... :o

Citizen Erased
I dont think it makes you gay if you put gays in your mouth anymore than it makes you a spinach plant if you put spinach in your mouth

:laugh::love:

I can't believe this..

Of course it's normal.. and he's NOT gay... he has gay co-workers.. so what.. that won't make him change his sexual orientation.. WOW!!! the things we hear..

If you have a good friend and she happens to be gay, does that make you gay too.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Citizen Erased
I can't believe this..

Of course it's normal.. and he's NOT gay... he has gay co-workers.. so what.. that won't make him change his sexual orientation.. WOW!!! the things we hear..

If you have a good friend and she happens to be gay, does that make you gay too.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Don't you know all straight men are meant to be all macho and homophobic? :rolleyes:;)

Maybe in the movies, or on "the Real World" but I never knew any straight guys that want to go to bars with gay guys.

Or if you work with 100 people, and instead of going out with girls for a drink, or your straight buddies, you choose the gay guys to go out with? Very odd..

i frequent gay bars and have experimented during my late teens, now i am not gay or bisexual and have several gay friends a few of who were the people i experimented with. gay bars attract a lot of heterosexual people.

I have gay friends and I am not gay. I used to live in the Village and I made friends with some of the locals. Nice people but men are not my thing. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

i frequent gay bars and have experimented during my late teens, now i am not gay or bisexual and have several gay friends a few of who were the people i experimented with. gay bars attract a lot of heterosexual people.

You just said you went to gay bars and "experimented" but gay bars are for heterosexuals as well? Yes, I think most people have been to a huge nightclubs that were predominantly gay a few times either because it was open late and they were with women, or they just went to see what it was all about as a novelty.

I don't think this is even about gay bars.. It is about a guy choosing to go out with gay guys.

I don't think this is even about gay bars.. It is about a guy choosing to go out with gay guys.

Or, it could be about a guy choosing to go out with coworkers after work.

Incidentally, the OP never said they were going to "gay bars..."

that's what I was thinking but I could usually tell gay guys from straight guys cause it's usually way obvious so idk lol

It's not normal. And it's not as obvious as we think...ever visited ATL? They don't call them "down low" for nothing. It's frightening actually. :eek:

...though I must say, cultural differences can play a role in many opinions.

Some cultures, like caucasian americans for examples, are a lot more tolerant of homosexuals and so, some wouldn't find hanging out them to be a problem.

Contrastingly, in other cultures, like Jamaican for example, homosexuality is still actually "illgegal" and so highly stigmatized, that any type of association with a known homesexual draws speculation...so no straight person would dare associate with one, much less hang with one openly.

So I guess it all depends...

I would hang out with a gay guy as long as he was not an "in your face" type of gay guy, and I am strait. I have done this before. I have never been really good friends with a gay person, because we have vastly different interests, but I have had gay friends in the past.

I don't see anything wierd about it but maybe it's because I have alot of gay people in my life. However my boyfriend believes that if a straight guy hangs out with a gay guy one on one in public the straight guy we'll get a reputation for being gay. My boyfriend isn't homophobic either thats just how he feels.

Um, why would that make him gay?? I have a bunch of gay friends who I introduced to the guy I'm dating. I could tell my guy was a little "iffy" at first but later told me how much he likes hanging out with them. They're totally fun, awesome guys, so why wouldn't he?

Guys, wouldn't you rather hang out with a really nice gay guy than a total ******* straight guy?? I wouldn't not hang out with someone based on their sexual orientation. If they're cool, they're cool; who they want to date is just one aspect of who they are.

Wow.

• Author

i'm sorry it's NOT normal for a supposedly 'straight' guy to go over his GAY bosses house for drinks on Valentines Day that's a bit much if he was straight he'd be with a girl on Vday

Doll, you are right...It is very odd to say the least..

Sorry to all of the Pc'ers, the vast, vast majority of straight men will not go out to bars with gay guys.. Neither would I.

i'm sorry it's NOT normal for a supposedly 'straight' guy to go over his GAY bosses house for drinks on Valentines Day that's a bit much if he was straight he'd be with a girl on Vday

What is it about your perception of his potential "gayness" that threatens you so much? Did he turn you down or something?

Didn't read most of the thread, but I don't think it means anything unless he's constantly going drinking with them all the time. There were 2 gay guys that worked at my old job and we never really hung out outside of work, but they were cool guys and if the opportunity had presented itself I would have definitely gone drinking with them.

edit: Forgot to mention they were actually a gay couple, not sure if this makes any difference one way or the other.