I could use your outside perspective right now

prettybaby

2 months and plenty of dates,,,but no kiss :love: I would be totally confused if I were you. How old is this guy that your dating? If you guys had the eclusivity talk then how come there is no physical contact? As far as exclusive that means you only see, talk, touch that person only ;) I have dated a few shy guys and the longest it went without a kiss was probably a month, but there was alot of touching flirting and stuff going on.. Sometimes you just have to initiate with shy guys, one guy i dated for awhile didnt kiss me because he said he was scared, but I got that out of him after we kissed and I just came out and asked him why it took so long :laugh:

This is an easy one. He is just to shy to start something physical because he is afraid of how you might react (same as how you are worried about his reaction). Guys also think things through and due to his shy nature, maybe he is scared of a rejection and a slap in the face, because he can obviously see that you are shy also.

You have to let him know about how you feel, so just come up to him, grab his hands and kiss him. I bet he will continue and things will get so much easier for both of you after that (emotionally and physically). Just try to let some of those feelings out...write him a short, yet sweet card for Valentines day.

Good luck!

One idea I had was to basically give him a kiss as a V-day present. I've been thinking about the best scenario for me to also grab myself together and go for it.

I thought about telling him at some point during our date that I have a present for him, to close his eyes, and then I wouldd kiss him.

Does that sound silly or not? I think I might be less likely to chicken out if he's not nervously looking at me with his face all red and shy. His eyes closed might help, but I don't know, from a guy's perspective, is that the kind of surprise you'd enjoy?

I think this sounds like a pretty good idea for your situation. I don't know what's going through his mind to date you for so long and not even kiss you, but I would think that ANY man would react pleasantly to your "present".

not even a kiss after two months... may be he is not that into you or if he is indeed a shy type, then he might think he got FZ'd and feels bummed out

the vday present idea sounds interesting. but rather than just plant one on the lips, how about this: brush your face and on his and give him some light kisses on the cheek and around the jaw line - maybe even working your hands around his back. keeping your body pressed on his, whisper in his ear, "happy valentines day." and work those hands even more ! if he's much taller than you then do this while seated next to him somewhere.

not as a first kiss, but i've got this sort of surprise before and it rocks :love:

if he had half his wits about him then he'll pick up on what you're getting at and he'll finally kiss you ! all the best :bunny:

• Author

Hey guys! Here's an update:

I followed through with my idea and told him I had a surprise for him, told him to close his eyes, and then I kissed him :D

This was at the end of the evening when he walked me back to my front step. He went with it right away and then wouldn't let go of me, it was awesome. I think we stood there for a good 10 or 15 minutes just kissing and hugging. It was sooo great :love: He seemed to be on cloud 9 and started brushing his hand through my hair, and then around my arms and hips. It was hard to let go, but I had to get in my house eventually LOL and his car was still running.

So anyway, thanks everybody!! You guys have been awesome from my very first thread, and the overall feedback I have received here has definitely pushed me in the right direction. I owe you all this brand new relationship!! It's gonna be an awesome one, I feel it lol

The good thing is, since it took us so long to actually kiss, we've gotten to know each other so well beforehand. The chemistry is awesome and looking back at how things went, there isn't one thing I would change :) Thanks you guys!!!!

congrats! i'm a pretty shy guy myself and would love it if a girl surprized me like that, would make my day for sure and i wouldn't be able to get any sleep that night either :D