How many real friends do you really have?

Sw3etdev1L

It's lame, but when I get into facebook , and hi5 and stuff...everybody has around 100 friends and more, and I believe it is just stupid and pathetic. I mean.. how many real friends do you reaaally have?

because meee? I have one best best best friend who is a man.

My other friends are girls, but at 24 everybody is starting to mind their own business which hurts me. Don't know why it just simply does.

JHust ask those same 100 people to show up on "moving day" and then you'll know who is who.

Yeah, I have around 400+ friends in facebook or whatever, but to be honest, there's only one person who I would consider not only friends but a brother. Then I have two people who are like sisters to me, and one who is like a mom. Then maybe two or three more who are just close friends. But why care about this? Wouldn't you rather have one really good best friend than many friends? To be honest, it's not fun being acquainted with a lot of people. Then, you are just a subject of their judgment.

Citizen Erased

I am pretty selective with those I add to Facebook, I have 95 people at the moment. Out of those I would probably count one person I work with, two girls I have been close with since I was about 13, my boyfriend and a male friend from school (although I haven't seen him since he visited me in Sydney mid last year) as close friends. My best friend isn't on Facebook.

I am very friendly with people from work and still hang out with my group from school on occasion but they aren't the kind of people I would call if I was moving or confess all of my secrets to. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I am fortunate and unfortunate when it comes to friends. I have about 200 friends on Facebook, all acquaintances from school or the community. I know all of them, but I wouldn't neccesarily call them friends. I only have two real, true, friends, and they both live in other states. I talk to them constantly, but I never hang out with anybody here. Lots of aquaintances, 2 best friends, no "buddies."

I've got my family, 1 very good friend who I'd trust with anything and have known for ages, another guy that I'd know since the start of high school, my housemates (at least 2 who I'd class as decent friends), then some acquaintances dotted around who I chat to but wouldn't class as friends. I prefer to have a small group of people around me who I trust than loads of superficial friendships.

If I actually count the # of true friends I have, I would say maybe 2 or 3. I live and work in the same city as my family, and they'll always be there for me. I think some people take it too far with facebook, it's a social networking site and not everyone on your list is your friend. Facebook is useful sometimes and useless at other times.

I think as one gets older, true friends are hard to come by. But to personally reflect on myself, the older and more independent I grow as a person I find myself growing more distant from my friends. In a way less eager to build strong bonds like I used to and more eager to seek out new acquaintances that offer a refreshing mental stimulus and social aspect to my life.

In no way have I become a douchebag or screw people over, but I now have more obligations to myself personally. And I still strive to live by the rule of making time for everyone.

It's lame, but when I get into facebook , and hi5 and stuff...everybody has around 100 friends and more, and I believe it is just stupid and pathetic. I mean.. how many real friends do you reaaally have?

because meee? I have one best best best friend who is a man.

My other friends are girls, but at 24 everybody is starting to mind their own business which hurts me. Don't know why it just simply does.

Personally, it's not the quantity, but the quality that matters when it comes to friendships. What can you do with gazillion of friends in Facebook if you don't know them all personally, and not even got to see them at all in person, right?

I have no probs when it comes to making friends, and I can say that I am lucky when it comes to friendships.

You may not have a LOT of friends, yet if you got only a few that you know you can count on and which you can truly trust, I think you're one lucky person.

facebook is not an accurate count of how many friends we really have. Some people will befriend me after meeting me one time. Ok. it's being used for personal promotion whether professional or otherwise - it has to be otherwise people will lose interest with the "service".

I think a better question for me at least is how many friends, real close friends, can you possibly have? This is one area in which I do not see eye to eye with my GF at all. It's almost as though she's trying to keep and maintain about 4 - 6 close friendships and date me at the same time. It's too much! plus there's all of her old friend from school, old job, old town etc... In a way I envy her for doing that but at the same time it's sometimes OK to let an acquaintance slip away don't ya think?!

I have one really close friend who I can tell anything. This sounds cheesy but my parents are also my friends too, and I can tell them a lot of important things, they're honestly the most important human relationship that I'll ever have. I just moved to a "new" town 3 years ago and it's really not enough time to develop a really deep and meaningful relationship, at least for me. I have a lot of friends who are people associated with biking, and other friends who are associated with music and out of all of them I feel like I have one person who I could see becoming really good friends with.

reservoirdog1

I find that friends basically fit into "tiers".

Within the first tier -- people I'd take a bullet for, and who I'm pretty sure would do the same for me -- probably 7-8.

Second tier -- people I'd call pretty good friends but just not close enough to make the above "cut" -- probably another 10-15.

The further down the chain you move, the higher the numbers, all the way to "acquaintances".

I've got about 160 Facebook friends, but most are in the category of "acquaintances" or "historical friends". Seems to be true of most people.

And no, NOBODY has 600-700 real friends. That's just not possible.

i have a lot of friends..since i was a childhood I'm a type of person that fun to be with...my friends now are from my elementary days, high school days and of course from college even in different clans that is why when i celebrate my birthday is should be last for three days celebration..:laugh: I'm a cool and loving friend... love you all guys..!!!!:p

SpanksTheMonkey

None really at the moment I have people who I say hello to when I see them and stop and chat for a bit but none I hang out with or anything anymore. I prob could if I put effort into it but I cant be bothered to be honest.

I did when I was younger but I like it this way now its simpler other then that I do have 2 wonderful cats now they understand me better then any human could why look any further! lol...

If you count all of the hot chicks that won't blow me but have become friends... then probably about 20 or so. I know lots and lots of people though.

SpanksTheMonkey
If you count all of the hot chicks that won't blow me but have become friends... then probably about 20 or so. I know lots and lots of people though.

LOL..:lmao: sorry.. Bored sexually frustrated ha?

since i was in grade school and high school some of my classmates are my friends..but when the time that i was in college already it is difficult to find one true friend..but god is so good he gave me not just one but five..until now were still friends even we had our different lives after college..and im happy for that...

michelangelo

Very few. I can really only think of one person who'd hold the flashlight while I bury a body. ;)

I don't even think of Facebook as a way to gauge friendship. It's a fad.

Now that I lost her, it's zero.

The only people I can talk to are family and forum goers.

To the answer the original post.

I have 3 or 4 close friends. and by close friends I mean we both mututally seek out each others company. and can share the private details of our lives..

i have probably 20 or 30 people with whom I can B.S. with and know a bit about whats going on in their lives.

I have 3 close female friends. One I talk to every day, one I talk to about every other day, one who doesn't live in the same town but we talk when we can. I hang out with the first two often.

I have a few acquaintances, mostly female. I'd like to have more guy friends, but I find it's hard to have guy friends who really just want to be friends.

I recently had a birthday dinner and there were 9 of us. All girls, one guy (gay).

Facebook is not an accurate depiction of how many friends you have. I only have about 40 Facebook friends, most of whom I could call right now and talk to if I needed to. My ex has like 200 "friends" on Facebook, but no close friends in real life.

I have to admit, the petty little girl inside of me wants to out-friend my ex on Facebook!