I didn't even see it coming

• Author
For the OP' date=' is this woman attempting to get you to change vocations? [/quote']

No, she never talked about her beliefs with me, It was odd because she seemed like the kind who would. Actually the one time I brought up joining her church (before I knew everything about it, I know, that was stupid) she shut me down like it was ridiculous to even think about, she talked about the church's beliefs like they were odd to even her. I thought she was ok with how things were though, she never expressed feeling distraught over going against her church's opinions, she was the one who said it was fine with her (to date me anyway).

• Author
if I really loved someone there is nothing that could come between me and him being together.

I thought so too, but God can be a pretty big thing, and she thinks god is telling her to end it.

I was dating this girl for the past month, we were really happy, both of us were, but a week ago today, she dumped me, after telling me she loved me the day before. we never even fought, we had just had a great date less than a week earlier, then i went home for winter break from college, and I thought both of us were so happy and in love. I had just gotten her a christmas present, and then a week ago she TEXTED me that she didn't feel it was god's plan for us to be together, even though she still loved me. I cant understand why she feels this way, she never really explained why she felt it wasn't god's plan for us to be together, and never has, but she told me she needed to marry a pastor, which threw me for a loop. I just can't deal with it, one day I meant the world to her, the next she doesn't want anything to do with me. She broke my heart, and I can't stand the thought of her being happy right now, but I know she must be. I wan't to think that she just had doubts and wanted to pin it on God so I would'nt argue with her, but I couldn't let her go that easy so I did, I tried to get her to think about it and give us another shot, but she wouldn't even consider it. I just thought she loved me, but she is willing to throw away everything we had on a whim, wether from god or no. The girl I feel in love with wasn't this rash, this isn't the girl I feel in love with.

Sounds like you need a break from this girl for a couple of months. Sometimes absence is the best remedy for this situation. If she really loved you she will come back.

• Author

I Don't know if she would even if she still loved me, she's devout in this belief that God is telling her to do this. I hoped she would at least give me a chance to prove her feeling wrong.

• Author

This all just really hurt me, and I want to stay with her, but deep down inside I'm starting to wondering if I should just stay away from her, with all the mess that comes with dating her..I really do love her though...I guess I shouldn't be worrying about that she hasn't asked for me back.

So you did nothing wrong? She seriously just said out of nowhere for seemingly no reason that God didn't think you two were meant to be?

That's some weird **** brother I think you may have just dodged a BIG bullet. Like not a 9mm bullet.. a freaking like tank machine gun bullet.

I second this notion. Remember in super mario bros either 2 or 3.. when you're little mario and those HUGE black shark looking bullets come? Yeah, that's her. KUDOS.

• Author

Yeah, I'm staring to feel that way too, but that idiot inside me who fell in love with her, still loves her so much. (And I know, we only dated a month, but I liked her for longer than that.)

• Author

I say I'm starting to think it wouldn't work, but I still want more than anything for her to text me back, saying it was all a terrible mistake, and she wants me back. But she won't.

Honey, listen..

every man who has ever broken my heart I felt the same exact way about at one point. It's normal to feel what you're feeling but work to accept the loss and move on, I know it's cliche to say everything happens for a reason, so instead I'll tell you what I've observed...I've observed that there are many things that brought me both joy and pain in life, and the painful especially I never understood why they needed to happen while I went through them..some things I had been well healed of..and it took 3 years after that point for something to happen in my life where I went WOW..so that's why "THAT" happened. Everything in my life has happened for ar eason, sometimes the reason didn't reveal itself until 13 years later...sometimes..a month later. Either way, I can tell you're dodging a big bullet here. It may take a month...it may take three years but one day you're going to get it. Some other event will take place allowing you to see why it couldn't work with this girl in particular.

• Author

She just says she doesn't feel it's God's plan, but I feel the total opposite, and she won't even give me a chance. I know I can move on, but after almost two weeks of this, it just still doesn't feel right to end like this. I would understand it if I had been a jackass or something, but I wasn't, I thought I was making her happy. I don't understand why she feels this way.

• Author

I'm starting to get really angry, I just don't see why she's doing this, the last time I saw she was so happy.

My take is that she liked you but you don't fit into her plans for a serious bf. She probably dumped you now before she got more attached. You can't change her mind if that is what she wants so all you can do is accept her decision.

• Author

Honestly that's what I think too, I just wish she had thought about this sooner. I mean, I know I can get over her, I just never wanted to, me and her had great chemistry, I just think we could of had something good. But she gave up...omg I want her back so bad.