Ladies, honestly... (question for women who typically wear no/little makeup)

JoeNewbie

Depends on my day and also depends on if I find him really attractive. Usually I'll make sure my face looks naturally flawless, which means I cover up any unwanted attention, maybe make sure to have eyeliner and mascara on, and maybe a little lip gloss to make sure my lips are not chapped looking, other then that, its as natural as I get for impressing a guy beauty wise with my face.

Honestly I would not. Having been a professional model for 10 years awhile ago, I purposely refuse to wear makeup everyday. I'm sure you have seen how plain models look without makeup. I prefer to get his attention with the way I look, dressing nice, hair attractive and accenting some of my stronger features. Then when we finally go out, that's when I put on the makeup and he's totally in awe.. lol.

I find it interesting that every woman claims she doesn't wear much makeup beyond mascara and gloss. We can't all be telling the truth...

Joe did ask for the opinions of women who typically don't wear much make-up in his thread title, so it makes sense that the women replying to this thread would be only those ladies.

Joe did ask for the opinions of women who typically don't wear much make-up in his thread title, so it makes sense that the women replying to this thread would be only those ladies.

;) We 'understood' the question.. ;)

Confusedalways

I definitely apply the mascara a little (sometimes a lot) heavier than normal if I know a guy I'm interested in working that day. And I'm one of those people who when I use make up, I use foundation, blush and mascara. I probably typically wear all 3 on about 3 days of the week. If I know he's going to be around, I will not be as lazy and wear it more often, rather than more OF it. Does that make sense?

PrincessPeach

I used to wear a lot more makeup... when I was younger and newer to the whole makeup thing. As I get older I find that I like my own look better with moderation in regards to makeup. I use more than just mascara or lipgloss (eye shadow and eye liner) but I apply it lightly so it isn't super stand-out or anything.

I won't add more makeup because of a guy, but I'll take more care in the application I would normally put on anyway for one. :love:

PrincessPeach

Generally I don't think anyone would use more of something because they might like someone (unless that specific someone said he'she liked more of it and we were really hoping to appease that person)

But for guys I doubt you would use more hair spray/gel (I don't know what else guys use to get ready... if anything :rolleyes:). You'd just be more precise and concerned with using the amount you already do.

I'd think it was strange if a guy really noticed the amount of makeup a woman was wearing (unless she has hot pink lips or a block of blush spackled onto her cheekbones). Some women are good at the art of wearing makeup and looking 'natural' or glowing.

If I'm trying to impress a guy, I'll pay more attention to my clothing and hair.

LOL! :lmao: I missed that part! :lmao: I guess it would help to read the title. :o

But I still hold firm. So many women claim they wear little-to-no makeup, but those of us who know how to apply it well and still remain natural looking can spot a fellow makeup-wearer a mile (ok, a couple feet) away. ;)

It's like claiming women don't fart. :D

I don't wear make up at all. I never had the time to apply it (I rather sleep an extra half hour in the mornings) and I never had the desire to learn how to wear makeup. Not that I'm drop dead gorgeous and don't need makeup...but I just don't wear any and I think I look ok...

But to answer your question, no I wouldn't wear makeup to get his attention because I honestly don't think that would make a huge difference in my appearance, but I would wear more flattering clothing though.