would you befriend a fat person?

Posco_Proudfoot

I belong to another forum related to exercise and bodybuilding.

A thread related to transformations is on there. People going from fat to whatever they're going for through exercise. Thousands of posts of people saying how they are treated differently after getting in shape. Treated much better. There is a stigma with overweight people.

• Author
That's alright I guess. Although I'm not on the bandwagon on hating obese people. What if you were obese, what IF, and all the people that hated on you were suddenly your friend when you lost all that weight. It's just as superficial.

i wouldn't care. i'd accept people can be two faced.

• Author
I belong to another forum related to exercise and bodybuilding.

A thread related to transformations is on there. People going from fat to whatever they're going for through exercise. Thousands of posts of people saying how they are treated differently after getting in shape. Treated much better. There is a stigma with overweight people.

i don't see why the stigma is a bad thing.

being overweight looks unsightly. people talk about the health implications and while this is true, think it's more of an issue of aesthetics.

Citizen Erased

My best friend through High School was fat. People seemed to think she was my obligatory fat friend. We didn't keep in touch after HS so maybe they were right...she had good taste in music though.

I have no problem with befriending anyone really, overweight or not. It's not like it is contagious. ;)

The most offensive thing on here is to say that obese people are jealous and full of envy towards skinny women.. as if skinny women aren't always full of jealousy and envy towards eachother? Don't say obese people are detested because they are jealous, I know just as many overweight insecure and jealous women as I do thin, beautiful women. People shouldn't assume that overweight people have self esteem and emotional issues any more or any less than fit people do. The accusations I've seen here about it are just ABSURD. I have some very physically beautiful friends, all of whom are jealous over the other one and catty and ridiculous to eachother and are "friends". I've seen plenty of fit women pouting over their weight, personally it's ridiculous to me when either side does it. But seriously!

i don't see why the stigma is a bad thing.

being overweight looks unsightly. people talk about the health implications and while this is true, think it's more of an issue of aesthetics.

EXACTLY. I'm glad someone finally said what it really is. No one is concerned about obesity for health reasons, it's for aesthetic reasons. Well said.