My LDR boyfriend ignored me when he was in town...should I break up?

i wonder does anyone have any comments.

ive been in a ld relationship for a little over 2 yrs and we live appox 5 1/2 hrs away from each other. we see each other at least once amonth. we are both in our 40's and love each other. he has been talking lately that he doesnt see travilling back & forth forever and that i should find someone who is close to me and someone who will be able to spend more time with me. i love him with all my heart and soul & im so scared.

last week he came to town and had a sports related function and palyed 2 games on saturday. he did not come to see me or spend any time with me. he spent all the time with the "boys" and basically ignored me

i got upset with him and he said because he had seen me the week before there was no need for him to see me this other weekend. he feels he did nothing wrong.

i am so upset with him i have basically told him its over

am i being unreasonable or is he trying to turn me off to hate him

sounds to me he does'nt care he just wants one thing from you . if he cared he would spend as much time as he could with you sounds like a loser to me . i would dump him there's a lot more fish in the sea. but that's just my opinion.