Change my newborns schedule??

porter218

• Author
Porter, the vacation is absolutely unimportant for your baby. It's important to YOU. Nobody called you a bad mother, but people pointed out that your baby needs you. You will not get any magical answers as to getting your daughter to sleep all night. We don't have them; we also spent sleepless nights feeding our children. If you don't want to quit working for a while, then all you can really do is collect breast milk before you go to sleep (unlikely to have it after breastfeeding her) or use formula and have your husband or someone else wake up and feed her. But your husband also works and your mother probably doesn't live with you.

What can we tell you? You want to have a baby, but you don't feel like being a mother. You don't want to sacrifice the money or the vacation. So you end up sacrificing yourself and your sleep. Either change something or suck it up and wait for the negative side effects of lack of sleep to kick in, which will affect your entire family.

Oh wow... were you having a bad day??

As far as 'magical answers' ...Well she has slept the last few nights quietly since I followed all the posative loveshackers advice.

You want to have a baby, but you don't feel like being a mother

WTF?? Really???

I...The main(sometimes sole) provider for the family have permanently cut my work schedule to 1/3 of what It used to be.

Whatever..vent away if you must.

RecordProducer
Oh wow... were you having a bad day??

Sorry if I sounded harsh. I just feel that you think you should sacrifice your health to make more money and for a vacation that a little baby doesn't really care about. You carried the baby, you gave birth, you breatsfeed her... have your husband take two more jobs or feed the baby at night. Why do you have to do everything and fall apart?

So knowing that why should it matter if I go to work as well and let our income soar to well over $100k. Also in doing this they are able to get daddy more since he can afford to work part-time.
Well, then have Daddy take care of her at night. You're the bread-winner, you're the hard worker, you're a mother and you don't get enough sleep. You might think you're a Superwoman, but you'll be super-sick if you continue to deprive yourself from sleep. Tell him to watch you while you're sleeping and breastfeeding and transfer your daughter from one breast to the other. ;)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Update...so I have found the tricks to get her to sleep all night ..yay!!

1. she must wear nothing but a diaper...little nudist.

2. the house must be dark and quite except for a nightlight near her.

3. she needs lots of parental attention right before bedtime...from both of us not just one.

Update...so I have found the tricks to get her to sleep all night ..yay!!

1. she must wear nothing but a diaper...little nudist.

2. the house must be dark and quite except for a nightlight near her.

3. she needs lots of parental attention right before bedtime...from both of us not just one.

Yeah, my son is also a nudist. He gets a lot of diaper free time every day, and plays on a beach towel designated for such use. He hasn't gotten diaper rash yet! (knock on wood) He also sleeps in a diaper only.

In fact, the first month he was alive he didn't wear clothes - just diapers and receiving blankets.

Ah babies. Each one has their own personality and often, what works for one will not work for another. Happy mothering!!