Deal Breakers for Men

Jersey Shortie

I know it may seem like a big list, but I'm sure it's no bigger than your average person's (and probably much smaller, in reality).

Yes, like the famous List, these are all numbered "1" for a reason. :D

1. Frequently complains, but unwilling to do anything about it.

1. No ambition in life.

1. Constantly suspicious of me.

1. Smokes/does drugs/abuses alcohol

1. Tries to change me (either to make me more docile, or to "fix" her latest pet project). I don't care if you don't want to watch the Cowboys/Redskins game with me, but don't expect me to stop. By the way, that goes for food, as well. "My entree has a first name, it's M-O-O-O-O..."

1. Gold diggers.

1. Constantly analyzes my life, citing either Cosmo, Oprah or Dr. Phil as her source.

1. (As murphomatic said) Excessive use of the words "like", "so" or "OMG". Better yet, if you've ever idolized Paris Hilton, just walk away. There's no hope for us as a couple.

1. Bossy/manipulative. This includes guilt trips, frequent crying or withholding of sex to get her way for every little thing (and yes, I briefly dated a chick who did this).

1. Yes, I ride motorcycle. Don't expect me to stop, and don't regale me with the most gruesome motorcycle fatality story you've ever heard. When you pick up a kitchen knife, I don't go on about Ed Gein or Jeffrey Dahmer, now do I?*

*This last one may seem trivial, but it has become a big point of contention. Yes, I know it may kill me one day, but if it doesn't, something else will.Jim Morrison was right; "nobody here gets out alive". So what would you rather do? Cower in a corner, fearing the inevitable, or go out, feel the rush, and live a little?

• Author
Jersey Shortie

I feel like this turned more into a "lets bash woman thread".

Thank you to the guys that were able to say their dislikes without refering to women in degrading names and generally coming of as if you hate women in general already. :confused: There were a very few number of guys that were able to do that but it's appreciated.

A good note to the guys who weren't able to do that, women are more likely to listen to you if you are completely bashing their gender and coming of as hateful and bitter.

By the way, I really don't think most men here make the kind of money that is going to attract a gold-digger. I am sure women can infact be shallow about money. But men have their own things they are quite shallow about it it doesn't make men any more attractive when they are either.

RecordProducer
Another thing about speech in general...and this usually goes along with using "like" and "omg"... when every sentence ends in an upturned inflection - as though it were a question instead of a statement. It just lends itself to generally sounding like an idiot.
Hahah! :laugh:

I spent a lot of money on covers and booze, met some truly worthless people, and finally concluded that it's always the same crap over and over - nothing of any QUALITY ever arose out of that scene - I'm not going back....No begging. :)
OMG, I like hear ya like totally! :laugh: I've never liked clubbing and as I am getting older, it grosses me out. In my whole life, I haven't gone to a night club more than a few dozens of times, most of it when I was in college.

Too nice

Can you elaborate, please? Do you mean "too nice" as when you smell a hypocrite? Or you just don't find it sexy when a woman agrees with you on everything? (My dad told me once that this was a turn-off for him)

I have the feeling that we women felt called on by many of the deal-breaker points. :p:D (Just joking)

By the way, I really don't think most men here make the kind of money that is going to attract a gold-digger.

Honey, that's precisely what bothers them! :laugh:;)
Dexter Morgan
Guys, I am curious what your dealbreakers are when dating. I am not talking about women that don't attract your interest by the physical appereance but things a woman does that turns you off.

-cheating

-keeping male friends that she has been intimate with

-thinking that she should be more important than my children

-going clubbing all the time

-coming home past 2 or 3 am. Hell, even 1 am if it becomes a habit.

-flagrant flirting

-dirty dancing with another guy (I don't mind plain old dancing and conversation)

-smoking

-chatting with other guys on the internet

-a myspace or facebook junkie

Thank you to the guys that were able to say their dislikes without refering to women in degrading names and generally coming of as if you hate women in general already. :confused: There were a very few number of guys that were able to do that but it's appreciated.

A good note to the guys who weren't able to do that, women are more likely to listen to you if you are completely bashing their gender and coming of as hateful and bitter.

By the way, I really don't think most men here make the kind of money that is going to attract a gold-digger. I am sure women can infact be shallow about money. But men have their own things they are quite shallow about it it doesn't make men any more attractive when they are either.

Jersey, we weren't trying to make this a "let's bash women" thread. The problem is that the question lent itself in that direction. When you essentially ask us to list what we find to be the most detestable qualities we can find in a woman, it naturally ends up sounding like a bashing thread. If you asked us to list those key qualities that would make a girl an instamatic keeper, the tone of the thread would be completely polar.

Trust me, if we weren't crazy about women, we wouldn't be thinking so much about them!

If she is a misandrist or a feminist

If she cheated on an ex

If she has ever been a walkaway wife

If she has the I don't need a man mentality

If she is emotionally unstable

If she is an intolerable and nasty person because she thinks it makes her strong

If she purposely had a child without a father

If she has no sense of accountability

Hey, now that's being a misogynyst. I'm only kidding of course. I know the type you are talking about, actually but this is not the majority of women out there.

Deal breakers include if she smells, seems dangerously crazy, has kids, to dramatic, horible sense of humor or taste in food, Gold digger, frigid, if shes to olddddddddd

Trust me, if we weren't crazy about women, we wouldn't be thinking so much about them!

Also - I'm pretty sure that if the same question was asked of women - we'd pretty much come up with similar comments.

What everybody wants - regardless of gender - is to be understood, appreciated, respected and loved.

Any behaviour patterns breaching those requirements - and I think pretty much all the factors the guys here have listed, certainly fall into one of those categories - are bound to be a no-no.

Hey' date=' now that's being a misogynyst. I'm only kidding of course. I know the type you are talking about, actually but this is not the majority of women out there.[/quote']

I think the majority fit at least 2 of those things but there are some rare women that don't.

another deal-breaker for me is if she doesn't dress feminine, like wearing makeup, skirts and high-heels. her wardrobe don't have to be by chanel but she should dress and look like a woman.

went out once with a nice lady and she told me she only wears flats...never called her again

No need to repeat what has already been said as I agree with a lot of it but I would say that disrespect is the biggest dealbreaker for me. I also don't like criticism of my friends.

Another thing that's irritating--although I wouldn't go so far as to call it a dealbreaker--is criticizing my exes. Not that I have feelings for them but it's insulting to criticize my taste in women. My current gf does this and it really gets on my nerves. I also find the irony of a gf insulting my taste in women pretty amusing.

On a related note: Asking me if I find another woman attractive--whether real life or a famous actress--and then getting mad if I say yes. If you don't want to hear the answer then don't ask the f**king question.

another deal-breaker for me is if she doesn't dress feminine, like wearing makeup, skirts and high-heels. her wardrobe don't have to be by chanel but she should dress and look like a woman.

went out once with a nice lady and she told me she only wears flats...never called her again

Seems a little extreme, don't you think? That's like a guy who doesn't wear cologne being a dealbreaker for women.

PrincessPeach

It would make more sense or seem acceptable to me if she was already tall. I am a pretty tall girl and if I wear heels taller than an inch I feel like a giant. I think I fit in line with being feminine though will only rarely wear heels due to my height. After all, I don't know how feminine it would seem to men if I were taller than most of them.

I wish I were a little shorter so I would feel normal heighted if I were wearing high heels. I'd agree that a short girl who doesn't own more than flats isn't fully embracing her feminimity.

Very few of the purported dealbreakers listed here are unreasonable, but I am, in substance, beyond dealbreakers. Why? Because there are different levels of, well, deals.

If you just want to hook up, I'll tolerate (and ignore) your bad habits. If you want more, you have to not suck.

One example of sucking is trying to figure out what matters to men by polling a 'net nerd herd.

Seems a little extreme, don't you think? That's like a guy who doesn't wear cologne being a dealbreaker for women.

I'm a leg and foot man kashmire....:)

Bad legs, or skanky feet or no heels are deal breakers for me

RecordProducer
One example of sucking is trying to figure out what matters to men by polling a 'net nerd herd.
Criticizing other people's tools of learning is a deal shmucker for me. ;):laugh::bunny:
  • Author
Jersey Shortie
Jersey, we weren't trying to make this a "let's bash women" thread. The problem is that the question lent itself in that direction. When you essentially ask us to list what we find to be the most detestable qualities we can find in a woman, it naturally ends up sounding like a bashing thread. If you asked us to list those key qualities that would make a girl an instamatic keeper, the tone of the thread would be completely polar.

I never asked what the most destestable qualities in a woman were. I asked what were dealbreakers. That doesn't lend it's self into anything. A few guys were able to respond respectfully to the question about their dislikes and things that turn them off without the put downs. I don't understand why alot of the guys here had to use "bitch" and other names to express themselves. It's this kind of stuff that our deal breakers for women too. No guy would be attracted to a woman that refered to men in the worst way possible and women aren't any more attracted to men who do the same. Perhaps the guys that came off like that should remember that. In all honesty, if you really want women to hear you out, bashing them isn't the way to do it.

The Collector
I never asked what the most destestable qualities in a woman were. I asked what were dealbreakers.

What's the difference? Looks like you're just trolling to call men women-bashers. Yawn.

• Author
Jersey Shortie

I'm just surprised that asking for something as simple as dealbreakers had alot of name calling towards women. If you want women to listen to you and care about what you want to say, calling women names isn't the way to do it. That's really my point here. There were guys here that were able to do that and I commend them and I commended them previously. Seems you missed that .

I've found nearly all of my dealbreakers flow from two simple truths. When a woman is consistently late and I must remove last weeks Taco Bell bag from the seat of her car before I sit down, I'm now very confident that our time together will be exceedingly short :)

If she is a misandrist or a feminist

If she cheated on an ex

If she has ever been a walkaway wife

If she has the I don't need a man mentality

If she is emotionally unstable

If she is an intolerable and nasty person because she thinks it makes her strong

If she purposely had a child without a father

If she has no sense of accountability

Quote meanings above :

She shouldn't cheat on me because I have been cheated on.

She shouldn't walkaway because others have before.

She should be needing me because I can't be with a woman who doesn't need me .

She should not be emotionally unstable because thats what I have been with before.

She needs to tolerate the fact that I hate femnists and she must love me for the fact that I am a mysogenist .

She could never fathom the possibility that she got pregnant with a total loser that she chose not to marry.

She needs to account for her whereabouts at all times.

Girls Who:

-try to act dumb to be cute.

-play games (like waiting 30 minutes to respond back to my text when I KNOW you always keep your phone on you and look immediately at your phone and text back)

-immediately look at their phone when they get a text in the middle of a date and engage is a conversation. (I have yet to get a girlfriend who I do not have to confront this issue with)

-are bitter

-No desire to do something with their life

-kids (I am 18)

Girls Who:

-try to act dumb to be cute.

actually i think thats sort of endearing...but not on a constant basis

If I find out she has cheated on her ex's.

If she doenst believe in same sex marriage.

If she cant find humor in the movie "Swingers."

If she doesn't cry at the movie "Schindler's List."

If she can't laugh at herself when she is being ridiculous.

:love::love: I like you.