I think he nearly proposed to me!!!!!

daisywindmill

daisywindmill

Hi again everyone!

Well, after some long hard thinking I decided that I will not ask him to marry me. Not because I'm old fashioned, but because I'm a big chicken and scared stiff of the rejection, if it came.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I have been sounding him out to see if he still feels negative towards marriage (when we first met we both did ie "I'll never marry again, not ever" and that was me! He has never married)

Firstly, on holiday last week, he bought me a Love Ring and asked if I would mind wearing it on my marriage finger!

Then, talking tonight, we were skirting around the issue of weddings and marriage and he said "I am sure you could persuade me to get married" ................ When I laughed and said "you are not the marrying kind" he said "well, you thought many things of me and got those wrong" .............. then I added that it was "scary" to which he replied "I'm not that frightening to you am I?"

He also said that if I was thinking along the lines of marriage then we should sit down and discuss it.

Sadly I really lost my bottle at this stage and said I no longer wished to discuss it.

Previously to this, he had said that why get married anyway?

Then he says all the above and completely throws me, along with confusing my poor addled brain even further.

He is taking me for a long weekend in Vienna in December, which he promises will be very romantic and memorable. I jokingly said that my colleagues had a wager that we would get engaged to which he replied "well, you will have to wait a while for an engagement ring"

Please, help me out here.

I don't want to discuss it with him at the moment, even though I'm very keen to, as I believe it best to back off, but, on the other hand, how do I let him know, in a subtle way, that yes, I want to marry him. And not a big fool of myself. Or put pressure on him.

Oh, the endless questions!

Many thanks for reading this folks

well, you could always get your daddy or other near male relative to sit down and have a heart-to-heart talk with him about what his intentions are! :bunny:

maybe this is the time to sit down with him and figure out where your relationship is going? Are y'all interested in marriage? if so, how far down the line? and then take it from there. Hopefully your guy will be point-blank when he proposes marriage; mine was more like, 'you know I wanna marry you, huh? do you wanna?' which wasn't too romantic!