Ouija Boards and Demon Posession

i am simply suggesting that if the plight of humanity concerns you, as suggested by your appeal to pity about Michelle, perhaps you could do something that would make a human difference to better the lives of those whose prayers your God didn't hear.

my_mother's_daughter

I totally understand what Jenny is saying, show you care practically as well as through your faith.

that was a very diplomatic and effective way of putting it - thank you! (o! and also happy belated birthday!)

my_mother's_daughter

Why, thank you, and thank you again I had a very pleasant b'day (what I can remember of it...)!!! :D

• 2 months later...

This is a true story, and I am telling it as a warning to people like me who didn't realize that using Ouija boards is a really dumb thing to do and can be very dangerous!

This is not a joke!

I used to use a Ouija board like a game when I was a child with my mother. She used it when she was a kid too. She got characters named, George and Robert, and they would make jokes, tell stupid stories, lie and tease the kids. I believed they were spirits of dead people when I was a kid and they were the same ones my mother "talked to on the board." We would get poems when I was a kid. It talked about the moon a lot because I was a Cancer, a "Moon child."

Well, when I grew up, I occasionally used the board, it could still be "fun." I wasn't convinced these characters were dead people anymore, I leaned more to the subconscious minds of the people causing the thing to move. Sometimes, I wondered if these "things" were spirits, but if they were I thought they weren't too good, because sometimes they would say things that weren't particularly good. They would swear or suggest that someone be killed, and always made up stories about murders and such. And they had nothing nice to say about Jesus either!

Well, I got the bright idea, when I came across the board earlier this year in June, to try it alone. (DON'T EVER DO THIS!!!) I did it over a weekend and to my surprise it worked. Slowly at first, then very rapidly! It was really neat, obviously my subconscious mind was working overtime! Right? Wrong!

It was a day later, at work when I was walking back to my office that I got a quick vision of a Ouija board in my mind and the pointer was moving. I then heard a voice talking in my head. Very faintly it spoke, it claimed it was Robert from the board. Well, Robert seemed like a great guy and I talked to him all day. I thought wow, how amazing.

Robert stopped talking to me at 6:00 PM and the next day he wasn't there. I thought, it was over and was sorry, but glad. What an experience, little did I know that the "best" or I should say, "worst," was yet to come.

The voice was apparently talking to me while I was sleeping, because I was dreaming of the Ouija board and hearing the voice when I woke up. It was Robert again. "He's back!" Well, after this I just wanted it to leave! It lied, just like the board had and made up stories as to why it couldn't go. It blamed me of course saying I didn't want it to go. Then George supposedly began talking to me. I figured out, that they were all just one demon that liked to pretend it was different "people."

Early on, it let me touch it. Didn't see it, but I put my hands out and I could feel what seemed like a mild flow of electricity in my hands. They seemed even numb. It then played a little game of find me, and would touch various places of my body causing that feeling! When it touched my head, that's when I realized that the terrific headaches I had been getting at work were being deliberately done by this thing! As I was leaving the room it said, "turn the light out," which I did. The next thing I know, I see it! Later I was told it was just a projection, but it looked like a Hollywood type spirit! It shimmered slightly floating, it had a body and could dive like in water. It was amazing!

I really thought as it claimed it was trying to leave. But when it didn't, I got worried. When I tried to make it go it showed its true colors, that it was evil! When I tried to ignore it, it's voice changed to a nasty sneering one that swore and threatened to kill me. It could make my heart race and give me chest pains, it gave me terrible headaches, and prevented me from sleeping. At work, my boss said I looked sick and that I could leave early if I wanted.

It got so bad with the lack of sleep and the headaches that I was worried that maybe it could give me a stroke or a heart attack like it claimed. Whenever, I tried to find out about it on the internet, my computer would crash and seize up after a few minutes! I went to the library and it crashed three computers in about a half hours time.

I found out that other people had posted about hearing voices after using the board alone and learned that these things were demons as I began to suspect. The monster would lie about everything so it was hard trying to get any information out of it.

It was obviously evil and it despised Jesus. It seemed to know the various names of the different demons that followed Satan. It even mocked parts of the New Testament which I only found out later, for I had never read it before.

I contacted a paranormal investigator on the internet, a John Zaffis who is the nephew of the famous demonologists the Warrens. He confirmed that indeed it was a demon. He said I should try to ignore it and asked if I believed in God. When I said, "yes," and that I was a Catholic, he told me to go to church as soon as possible and take Communion and then have Confession.

Well, I did, and the voice still spoke after having Communion. In fact, it said, "You did something." And I answered it by suggesting something else. And it said, "No, you ate something." I couldn't go to Confession for a few days, but the voice was much fainter after I continued to have Communion.

Finally, I had Confession with a priest in the Chapel while sitting on a pew. Just as he said the last word of a prayer, a bright beam of sunlight shone through the window and lit the Chapel up. It was like something out of a movie, I'll never forget it. "George," kept talking after that, but the next day. Nothing, it was gone.

I was cursed with that monster, a demon for a month, and it was literally, hell on earth! It wasn't worth it. The only good thing that came from it was that it strengthened my Faith. I wasn't much of a Church goer and selectively believed what I wanted to. I now intend to go to Church regularly, and even read the Bible. This experience opened my eyes. The bible isn't just a story it's real I've chatted with one of those demons that Jesus was always removing from people!

I've never been a religious zealot, and I am only posting this as a warning to all the good people out there who like myself had an interest in the paranormal and the Ouija board. The creatures that control these things are the "bad guys," there is no doubt about that. They lie to you so that they can get one more recruit for their evil purposes. I've since read several accounts of people being "oppressed," by a demon like I was. It wasn't my imagination, and I'm not crazy, well I was to use the board, but not in my experience.

Whatever you do, think better of it, and don't play around with the occult. I don't understand why some New Agers are willing to believe that crystals are all powerful, but baulk at the idea of God and Satan and Heaven and hell! I know the truth now. I invoked the power of Jesus and this monster went away. What's not to believe when you see it work close up.

Trust me, don't play with Ouija boards, tarot cards, automatic writing, because no good can come from it. Remember, this story is REAL and is NOT A JOKE. Take care! Eric

The unfortunate thing about spiritual experiences, good ones or bad ones, is that even people who are deeply spiritual and may have had their own experiences have trouble believing in anybody else's. There is good reason, of course. Some people are delusional. David Koresh was as convinced of his belief as any TV preacher or spiritualist and because we can't see inside a person to see whether their thoughts come from genuine experience or from delusion, we aren't able to fully trust stories such as yours.

Having said that, I'm a person who believes in possibility. Because of that, I don't disbelieve, either. I think it's better to pay attention to cautionary tales such as yours. It's not as though anybody NEEDS to fool aound with Ouija boards ever!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys, i have been reading everyone's posts. i belive what you guys went through is due to the tricks the devil and his little helpers like to play on us. and when we submit to the "dark side" by playing with ouija boards we become even more vulnerable to the influence of the demons. as long we give them the power, they will have power over us, same thing applies to God. this is why the demons stopped after you prayed, because God is more powerful then them, and by praying to God you were turning the power over to him.

ryan- just because some green slime did not come out of the fawcet, does not mean what happened was due to a malfunction with the plumbing. and although water pressure can make a fawcet turn on, how do you explain it consistantly turning off and on? did you ever think that maybe the devil likes to play with our minds in a more subtle way, like making us guess if it is real or not? what better way to drive a person crazy, then to play "insignificant" mind games with them, that could be explained, but you yourself just can't explain it to anyone.

• 4 weeks later...

Ouijas get possessed!

I played ouija many times when I was a teenager. It did give corrct answers, it was amazing, but I never

thought it was the devil...

But I know a priest who is an exorcist, he has performed many exorcisms, plus he has cured many terminal

patients, he has many powers, and he said "don't play with Ouijas, the devil gets inthere".

I haven't seen any person being possessed, but I know people who have seen them, levitating and

talking in death languages, and responding "I am Satan", and this priests performs the exorcism. I

even know a woman who had an exorcism (again, never seen she or anybody while possessed).

So if this priest say "be careful of Ouijas", I better obey...

Let me just add, I was an exceptic myself (even follower of Carl Sagan etc.), until I talked with this priest.

I'm someone who believes in possibilities but I'm still sceptical; after all, there are wingnuts out there.

I haven't any personal Ouija experiences, but recently I was talking to an older friend of mine and she told me that she definitely encountered some unpleasant experiences.

This woman is not a nutjob. She's got a law degree and worked as a high-end officer in a government department. She's very sensible and down-to-earth and she thought it was all BS, too. Then she and some friends got together and tried the Ouija and some very scary things happened. The story is hers to tell and I didn't memorize it as she spoke, but what I retained was the thought that if SHE could be spooked by Ouija, there had to be something behind it.

when i met the ghost elvis, he told me to stay far away from fatty fried foods and, so i know how ominous that can be!

One word: perception. The supernatural working of this magic board exists for those who believe it. Those who don't won't see it that way. Same as religion or the afterlife really. An explanation is only valid to those who acknowledge it. Even if there were no such thing as an afterlife or an everliving soul, the people with vast belief in it will experience this belief as their afterlife.

If I believe in excactly a week a huge rock will fall on my head and I won't be able to do anything about it, the falling-of-the-rock-on-my-head will exist for me, until my belief in it is gone. In this case it would be easy to get rid of the belief, because the rock probably won't fall.

But if I were so messed up that I would put the belief in the rock over the trust in my physical senses, I will continue to believe this rock did indeed fall on my head. I will be the only one to acknowledge it did fall, but to me the huge bump on my head does exist.

A lot of blabla and again: you are all right. Yes the magic board works if you believe it and no it doesn't if you don't. This discussion was started because you need to affirm beliefs or choos between those of others.

No. See, that's the thing. This lady did NOT believe it. Thought it was hogwash. Until it happened to her.

I never said beliefs were unchangeable, because that would lead to total chaos. Your friend was in a situation were she made her belief vunerable. If however, she had for example seen the creepy things as being caused by something else (and an alternative explanation is always, always available) she would still believe it does not exist. Causation is a strong aspect of belief.

You must admit that your friend was at least open to the suggestion that it might exist by participating in such a session.

i have always loved using he ouiji boards...my friends and i used to make our own. it always scared me, but intruiged me.

well i have this ouiji board tacked on my wall, it glows in the dark too. well i was laying there onne night, and saw it glowing there, but it was titled, like one side had fallen...i figured i'd fix it in the morning...when i got up to fix it, there was nothing wrong with it. now it doesn't glow any more....and i know what i saw was real.

yes! yes! my elvis was glowing too!

Lol. I always welcome Jenny's refreshing touch. :D

and i know what i saw was real

To other people it isn't, except for the ones who believe you. See? Knowing believing, tom[ei]to tom[a]to. (I don't know phonetic writing, but you know what I mean :) )

You must admit that your friend was at least open to the suggestion that it might exist by participating in such a session.

How else to debunk but to participate?

silversoulfly

Not believing in something does not make it any less real. At the same time, believing in something does not mean it is real.

For me, seeing was believing. You can all believe whatever you want to. Personally, I know that something is going on that can't be explained by science. I've experienced miracles.... I've had my experiences with demons and ghosts... and no, I was not on mescaline and I'm not insane. I saw what I saw, and not because I wanted to see it or because I even believed in all of it. In fact, I didn't believe until I witnessed it for myself. Truthfully, I wish that I hadn't had those experiences, because I think that maybe I would have more peace of mind if I had not. Ah, all you skeptics are so fortunate... the whole world can simply be explained in an encyclopedia. "A place for everything, and everything in its place".

silversoulfly
Originally posted by dyermaker

I didn't believe in posession, until I played Stairway backwards.

Yeah, that is pretty freaky, but have you ever listened to Chicago backwards?

Talk about scary!