My Girlfriend, The love of my life left me after 5 years..

I've been there, what's worse it ex cheated on me and I still wanted her back I pled wrote peoems everything. The woMan who loved me more than rverything kicked me to the curb after three years.

Do nc from he beginnning don't turn back at all, don't believe your ex when she tells you she wants to be alone etc my ex told me that a week later a new bf. Yup her new friend who was just a friend as she said.

The person you loved is dead, move on, don't be friends.

If this were me, I'd put all her stuff outside the back door and tell her she can pick it up whenever she wants it. You have no obligation to her anymore, and it's not fair of her to just leave you with her stuff until she's ready.

Sorry you are going through this, but time will heal. This too shall pass.

Redmeda, I'm sorry you're going through this. I know how you feel. I was in an almost comparable position in June when the love of my life dumped me via email after 5 years together. He told me he wanted to date others to see what romance was like because for him the spark had died. He had the audacity to refuse to discuss the problems of the relationship because he didn't want to introduce negativity into the email exchange and he wanted to hedge his bets just in case we wanted to try the relationship again should he not meet anybody in his dating. We too had the whole engagement ring shopping, what do we name our kids discussions.

There's really not much to do. Don't beg, don't plead and certainly do not become your ex's beck and call person. She doesn't get to have her cake and eat it too. The healthiest thing for you is to take time for yourself and cut her completely out of your life. Go NC, erase her phone numbers, emails, block her on messenging services, delete her profiles on any social networking websites. Your first priority should be you and you are under no obligation to assuage her guilt by being her "friend".

And as cliched as this sounds, time really does give you perspective. Heal yourself first. I know it'll seem terribly hard in the beginning, but in time it'll become better.

The love of my life left me a week ago....a week of hell after being together for 8 years.

I ahve only One chance to get her back...not calling her back, not crying, not looking for her..

I do believe that someone is involve, I would believe the same for you unfortunately.

It happened to me before with my first relationship and I tried to run after her, calling her, sending flowers....results was that she got pregnant with another dude a few months later.

HERE IS THE THING..women can erase all the past, whatever how many years, how many good memories to move on with something better, tahst the female instinct, so you and I are in the same situation, my girl has to come back to take her stuff...fine , I will be strong and show her that I still have my dignity......please do the same....after denial comes pain then comes a new life...

The love of my life left me a week ago....a week of hell after being together for 8 years.

I ahve only One chance to get her back...not calling her back, not crying, not looking for her..

I do believe that someone is involve, I would believe the same for you unfortunately.

It happened to me before with my first relationship and I tried to run after her, calling her, sending flowers....results was that she got pregnant with another dude a few months later.

HERE IS THE THING..women can erase all the past, whatever how many years, how many good memories to move on with something better, tahst the female instinct, so you and I are in the same situation, my girl has to come back to take her stuff...fine , I will be strong and show her that I still have my dignity......please do the same....after denial comes pain then comes a new life...

HERE IS THE THING..women can erase all the past, whatever how many years, how many good memories to move on with something better, tahst the female instinct

I understand your pain, but please don't judge an entire gender from your experiences. There are just as many women who have been treated the same and left heartbroken.

If you retain this attitude, you will end up going through the same thing over and over again.

HERE IS THE THING..women can erase all the past, whatever how many years, how many good memories to move on with something better, tahst the female instinct.........

That is SO true. Why is this I wonder? They all seem to be wired exactly the same way in this regard.