I am totally missing someone I have never met in person

I am totally missing someone I have never met. Well, we never met in person that is. We had a long on-line relationship , we had always planned on meeting eventually but never did. He lost his job a few months ago. This devastated his self-esteem. He just quit talking to me. I love him so much. I miss him terribly. I feel that since he hasn't contacted me or phoned, he probaly doesnt care, so I am apprehensive of approaching him via email to ask how he is doing, I suppose I am afraid of rejection. Initially after we stopped conversing, I did try to keep contact , but he would not respond. So. for the sake of pride I am scared to contact him. All my thoughts are of him. I miss him so bad. How come he doesnt contact me? How can I forget about him?

I would appreciate any advice.

thanks for the ear

you can do one of two things: write him off completely, don't ever contact him again and do your best to forget about him, or you can still keep sending him short, inspirational notes to let him know that you're thinking of him, that you care.

with this electronic age, it's so easy to just reach out and touch someone by clicking the forward button, but it's also just as easy to take it for granted, too. I figure that if I don't hear back from someone, it's okay, because as long as my e-mails don't bounce back or are blocked, that person is reading what I send them. And that's what counts the most with me, knowing that someone got what I sent them ...

of course, in your friend's case, he's probably feeling pretty dang low about having lost his job, so my guess is that he could use an uplifting letter from you, even if he has no intentions of writing back.