How do you tell if a girl likes you?

There is a girl in my college who I like but I do not know if she really likes me or not due to her signs being on and off. Well, we have been in the same class for about a month now and for the first few weeks, she was always glancing at me and at times giving me long stares. She even sat near me once avoiding where her friends were sitting. Being a shy guy, I couldn't get the confidence to talk to her. I do really like her.

But now she doesn't give me any real signs, not even quick glances. Don't know if I scared her off by not showing her that I like her too or not.

What do you folks think?

I doubt you can have scared her off mate. Same things happening with me atm, she's giving me few signs. Probably either

A) Playing hard to get

B) Shes shy too

Depends on how hot this girl is :)

If shes close enough to talk give it a whirl. Theres nothing to fear in having a conversation with someone if they've sat next to you. She was probably just waiting for you to initiate the convo.

• 2 weeks later...
There is a girl in my college who I like but I do not know if she really likes me or not due to her signs being on and off. Well, we have been in the same class for about a month now and for the first few weeks, she was always glancing at me and at times giving me long stares. She even sat near me once avoiding where her friends were sitting. Being a shy guy, I couldn't get the confidence to talk to her. I do really like her.

But now she doesn't give me any real signs, not even quick glances. Don't know if I scared her off by not showing her that I like her too or not.

What do you folks think?

Maybe the chick is waiting for u to respond. Since u did not, maybe she got the impression that u're not approachable (are u guys total strangers?) and gave up trying to get ur attention. She's probably not scared, just moving on. If u really like her, u'll have step up to the plate and make the first move of initiating a convo. Or at least give her some kind of signal that it's safe for her to make the first move (if she's brave). Otherwise, u'll just be wondering forever whether or not she like u and u'll get a headache.

Might also be the case that the chick is playing hard to get. Is she flirty? Does she flirt or talk with other guys except u in front of u?

• 2 weeks later...

there is one girl that I really like! i am very shy and I find that I have a hard time when it comes to talking to girls. What is the best way to get her to talk to you or notice you.. If you jsut want to walk up to one what is the best way to open up, liek whats the best thing to ssay at first...... plz help

kevinab1984

really need some help. right now i am single and have no one!! i jsut seem to ahve a ahrd time to get girls.. I am very shy and dont know really how to approach one or even what to say. can someone please help e by giving me some advice on how to apporach one , get their attention. What is the best way to open up to a girl that you see in public like estraunts, malls, etc please help me

clandestinidad
What do you folks think?

Personally, I think you should have started your own thread...not sure why people bring up threads that are over 2 years old and post something in them that has nothing to do with the OP....but thats just what I think

And kevinab1984, you'll probably get better responses if you start your own thread, so that people dont have to go through this old one

this is in response to "The One". Well you screwed up by going out with her too much and she viewed you as a wuss. She's basically tired of you and want to keep you on a leash. The only thing you can do now to help your situtuation is to move on.. and hopefully she'll come back to you like you first met.

• 2 weeks later...

we have been working since 3 yrs. one day my another colleague just made a comment stating that I want to go out with her for lunch, she got upset. I went to her and explained that I have not said that and i have no intension for taking you out for lunch, but at the same time, if you have, let me know, i will be ready.

(I never thought about her before that) but after that I found myself interested in her and keep on thinking about her. When ever she goes for coffee, I go there, when ever I talk to her she respond me properly. I think I am thinking too much about her now a days. She gives me good advice.

I started reading about body language, and found that when ever we are in group, she talk to me freely and I have observed that her knees are towards me, I also have developed making more eye contacts with her. I look her into her eyes. She does too, but not for a longer period.

She is very much involved into work. Sometimes she ignores me, sometime she come forward to talk to me.

I still have not got the idea that whether she is interested in me or not.

I just have a feeling that when I talk to her on phone, she talks to me well.

During conversation, I complement her and have seen her rubbing her wrist and touching her earlobe.

please advise

complecated issue for me. Loosing my attention to work.

Thanks

~Nani

• 2 weeks later...

Well My girlfriend has the problem of not just being shy, but she finds it hard to convey her feelings to me in public places, so this sometimes confuses me a lot, Does she like me? or am i wrong on the relationship?.

She says im really comfy a lot too, like to lean on, and she also says she loves me sometimes and other times she doesnt. The truth is im definitely in love with her she's everything ive ever wanted in a girl and more and she is beautiful [and in a very scary sense, exactly the same as me in everyway], I was thinking we were soul mates, but i dunno if that wud mean anything.

Could somebody please help meeeee???

Do you mean that you've been working with this girl for three years? Because if that's true, then it strikes me as odd that in three years nothing happened, but the remark of a colleage (it wasn't that suggestive either) made all the difference.

If you have known her for a while, compare her behavior to the way she acted with you started thinking about her, and with the way she acts with other people. As for her not holding your eye contact, that's no big deal, most people can't comfortably hold eye-contact with anyone for more than three seconds. But the fact that you're making eye contact often is good. Everything you've described is good. I don't think you need to worry about her sometimes ignoring you either. If you talk to her on the phone then you're at least friends right? If she just thought about you as a friend and didn't like you at all she wouldn't ignore you. I've noticed that sometimes if I see a girl on a regular basis and am thinking about pursuing a relationship with said girl, I'll make eye contact and a broad smile, sometimes, I'll pretend like I didn't see her. I don't do it naturally, it's more of a self-defense mechanism that keeps me from making myself vulnrable. If she's ignoring you on purpose, it could be some form of hard to get. I think she'd only ignore someone she didn't like. And she likes you, as a friend if not romantically. But based on what you've said, I would say that she at least is interested in you romantically.

But how to go about making something of it. If you see her everyday, I'd play by highschool rules. Invite her to do something with you and some friends. Reduce the number of people present each time you go out until it's just the two of you. I don't think that should take more than three dates. And when you're alone just let the romantics run their course. I'm no expert about any of this, I'm just stating opinion based on my observations. I don't think it would be wise to ask her out on a "date" emphasis on it being a date not an outing or to have coffee, but as one person courting another. That just seems awkward and I think it'd put pressure on the girl which you don't want.

Anyway, I think she likes you at least so that's a plus. Build up your confidence and procede confidently. That's all I can think to say. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

There seems to be a lot of postings about someone liking another girl but are too shy to say something, even though you may be getting a lot of signs...like I'm one to talk though. There's a girl in one of my classes in college who is incredibly beautiful. Every time I see her I get that 'I-just-lost-my-breath-and-time-just-stopped' feeling. I've gotten quite a few signs from her too-she's gotten close to me a lot and she constantly stares at me-in a good way, of course! Anyway, despite all these signs, I've just never been able to talk to her (this has been going on since February, by the way).

But you've really got to ask yourself what it is that your afraid of. For most of us, it's rejection. Honestly though, what's so bad about rejection? Nothing! If you ask a girl out on a date and she says no, then it's not like you're gonna die a painful death right there. No. You'll be able to move on and look back on this experience as a learning tool to get your "technique" down just right.

Don't let fear of the unknown hold you back; if you do, you'll constantly ask yourself what could have happened for the rest of your life had you just talked to her. Like a previous member said, just throw caution to the wind and try it. You might be suprised by the results.

That's my plan anyway...if I see her tomorrow, I'm going to talk to her and, provided that things go smoothly, I'm going to ask her out on a date. Wish me luck!

I know a girl likes me when she lets me play with her titties.

It may just mean she likes having her tits played with..doesn't mean she likes you.

If she checks you out, if she flirts with you, little light friendly touches, etc.

Kevin:

I do agree with your response. Have you ever had a chick move her eyes up and down at you when engaged in a general conversation?.This one chick did move her eyes up and down when we would talk.I asked her out and she replied smiling "I have a boyfriend".And she really did. I saw him.

If a chick moves her eyes up and down at you doesn't that mean she likes you or just thinks your hot or wants you for sex only?.

Jeff

Bballswingr

The sure-fire way that i know if a girl is in to me is "the look"

If a girl gives me "the look" i know i could have her if i wanted, plus it's a major confidence booster.

I like this guy, but I haven't gotten to talk to him for a long time, how do I let him know that I like him?

Don't be shy. I am going through the same thing. I bet you have more experience. Your older than me I bet(i'm 13). Make yourself noticeable.

Don't go to quick...be patient!!!!!

There is this girl I like and we have been talking for a while, having really good conversation, and making plans to do things. She sounds like she is really interested in me and then all of a sudden she doesn't talk to me that much anymore and when I talk to her she only says things like yes and no even though she still laughs when I am funny. This has happened before but not as bad as it is now. What is going on?

• 2 weeks later...
I like this guy, but I haven't gotten to talk to him for a long time, how do I let him know that I like him?

You should talk to him about things that happened in the past and try to talk to him often