"Dump Him/Her"!!

I was wondering why is it that whenever people posts problems in their relationships (no matter how minor/workable they are), the most popular response they would get is to "dump him/her"!!.

I mean, seriously people, is this how we live in RL? Is this how we solve our everyday problems in our lives by giving up so fast? Are we really quitters or we just want to fool other people? Are we really being honest and genuinely want to help when offering advice to other people?

"He didn't call me last week". Answer: "red flag! Dump him!"

"She went to Los Angeles for a girls' weekend". Answer: "commitment freak! Dump her!"

"He wants me to take it slow". "Oh, oh, he's gonna to break your heart. You know what to do!"

Heck. :o

No wonder some of us are still single and will continue to be for a loong time.

Disclaimer: This is just a general observation from reading numerous threads on LS.

Most people don't bring their issues to LS until those issues become MAJOR issues. Most often, they're tied into many other aspects of respect, trust and caring, as usually fleshed out within each thread. You can usually tell the ones who've already made up their minds and are only seeking validation of opinion.

Relationships shouldn't be a continuous source of hard work. If so, there are some serious compatibility problems. Is this the way you want to live for the rest of your life, being unhappy? If so, keep working at consistently contentious issues. Unless those issues are permanently laid to rest, which means both sides have to come to some form of compromise or one side rolls over, they only fester and the end result, the person ends up on LS.

Dating and relationships don't have to be permanent. That's why you continue to do this, in order to find the person that best meshes with who you are.

No wonder some of us are still single and will continue to be for a loong time.

You control your relationships, people on the internet don't. If someone says "dump him/her", you're perfectly free to do whatever you want. Some people just have that kind of opinion, that (insert issue here) should be a dealbreaker. I find that most of the time, people don't say "just dump that person", they actually do give advice that's relatively constructive, but the problem most of the time is that we don't always get a full picture of the situation at hand, so people on this site can't really give the best advice possible.