Body piercings

What if you break up? Will it still have such a special meaning to you? Or will it be a horrible reminder?

The tattoo will still hold significance in my life (w/ or w/out him). Actually, we both wanted to get this tat even before we were together (we just so happened to tell each other about it).

I would never get his name tattooed on me (well not before marriage).

then let me explain..lol

I work in the business world, I have very high and important clients, non of which would ever know i have any tattoos or piercings.

All of tattoos have meaning to me and I do not agree with people getting them just to look good.

Piercing on the other hand i find to be tasteful and sexy, depending on placement and person.

growing up i always wanted facial piercings, but i new that one day it would seem immature to have especially now in the business world.

One look at me and I would not seem like "the type" to carry anything on me. Beleieve me I get the same shocking looks.

and one thing is correct the piercings hold no meaning, but i do feel that they add to my personality, of who i really am. also a side note to that, my nipple growing up since i was a fat kid where puffy and i always hated that. now they arent since they are pierced. Just a bit of TMI, lmao

I am glad to hear everyones opionion on the subject, i had no idea i would start something like this

Huh?

The tattoo will still hold significance in my life (w/ or w/out him). Actually, we both wanted to get this tat even before we were together (we just so happened to tell each other about it).

I would never get his name tattooed on me (well not before marriage).

Ok, OB but I urge you to reconsider. You're too smart and classy for this. Seriously.

I mean come on.

And what's this business (not you) about "puffy nipples" and how piercings make them non-puffy? WTF?

What's so bad about puffy nipples anyway?:confused:

Are they like balloons that need pricking?

Ok, OB but I urge you to reconsider. You're too smart and classy for this. Seriously.

I'd hardly call myself classy, but thanks for the compliment.

Like I said, I'm not 100% about the tat (my main concern being the pain).

I've also thought about getting the names of my kids tattooed on me (in my native language). Obviously, I have some time before then.

I also wonder how my family and his family would react to our tattoos. Both of them are uber conservative about this stuff and wouldn't like it too much (but hey, I'll be married then and they can't say jack).

• Author

id unno, it just worked..........im more self confident in that factor lol

and i guess then that they do have meaning........

id unno, it just worked..........im more self confident in that factor lol

and i guess then that they do have meaning........

I'd have to sort of agree with you here.

While I got my nose ring for a personal, "meaningful" reason, I've found that it makes my nose look nicer.

I've HATED my nose for a long time and with my nose ring, it's not as hate-worthy (if that makes any sense).

Really? I hate my legs. Should I get them pierced? Will they look better?

I could tell people it was for some meaningful reason...uhm. I've got to think about this.

Anyone have any ideas for meaningful reasons to pierce my legs?

Really? I hate my legs. Should I get them pierced? Will they look better?

I could tell people it was for some meaningful reason...uhm. I've got to think about this.

Anyone have any ideas for meaningful reasons to pierce my legs?

Touche, you are too much! :lmao:

Touche, you are too much! :lmao:

Hey! I'm serious. You said your nose looked better afterwards. (And what was the meaningful reason?..inquiring minds you know..)

Maybe it will work for me too.

• Author

well if you work in business people would see your pierced legs, you could never wear shorts or a skirt to work....damn lol

well if you work in business people would see your pierced legs, you could never wear shorts or a skirt to work....damn lol

I work at home...no prob. :laugh:

Hey! I'm serious. You said your nose looked better afterwards. (And what was the meaningful reason?..inquiring minds you know..)

Maybe it will work for me too.

No, the aesthetics of it was more or less a byproduct.

As I stated earlier, it was a culturally based decision. My mother had a nose ring when she was younger, but she took it out about 20 years ago. My grandmother had one too. To me, it signifies my familial history and my ethnic history, among other things. It's a part of who I am. It's difficult to articulate it...it's meaningful on a visceral, almost intangible level.

No, the aesthetics of it was more or less a byproduct.

As I stated earlier, it was a culturally based decision. My mother had a nose ring when she was younger, but she took it out about 20 years ago. My grandmother had one too. To me, it signifies my familial history and my ethnic history, among other things. It's a part of who I am. It's difficult to articulate it...it's meaningful on a visceral, almost intangible level.

Ok, the cultural part does add a whole other level of meaning to it. I can see that.

Damn. Do you think anyone would believe that my Jewish grandmother had her legs pierced when she came over from the Old Country?

mental_traveller
Just wondering...what's the difference?

Hard to define exactly, but someone who has really high quality tattoos that look good is a lot different to a guy who puts some sailor BS tattoo on his bicep, or a woman who puts a tramp stamp above her ass or butterfly on her shoulder or just above the ankle. The latter is usually just cliche with no meaning or aesthetic appeal. The former can look good if done well, and can reflect the person's personality.

It's similar with piercings. Some people it just suits them, others it looks artificial and contrived.

Hard to define exactly, but someone who has really high quality tattoos that look good is a lot different to a guy who puts some sailor BS tattoo on his bicep, or a woman who puts a tramp stamp above her ass or butterfly on her shoulder or just above the ankle. The latter is usually just cliche with no meaning or aesthetic appeal. The former can look good if done well, and can reflect the person's personality.

It's similar with piercings. Some people it just suits them, others it looks artificial and contrived.

Interesting, MT. Thanks for that.

As has already been stated, visible piercings don't go over well with the employers. Same thing with the tattoos. I wouldn't be interested in a guy who had any marking you could see in professional attire. He may be doing well now, but I would figure he wasn't planning for the future (and "just in case") if he made such a decision.

That being said... I'm pierced and tattooed. Fad shmad, piercings are fun! :)

I would wonder if a guy was bi or something if he was pierced, simply because most straight men yell bad words when you jokingly suggest a piercing. HOWEVER, they're still fun. While I might say no to a guy for having a tattoo on his neck :laugh:, I wouldn't turn down a guy just for being pierced, as you can take those out, and they're more useful than having "mom" written on your neck.