Tips on how to be left alone at the gym!

Stop showering. That way when those dumb enough to approach you get close, they will turn away instantly once they catch a whiff of you.

I used to work out in a "private gym" but unfortunately now I have to work out in one of those "public gyms", like ummm 24 hr fitness :sick:

I only go to the gym to WORK OUT, I do not want to talk to anyone, I do not want to meet anyone, I do not want to interact with anyone, I do not want to socialize with anyone. A gym is the destination for a PURPOSE to me which is defined by EXERCISING, it's not a meeting place, not a bar etc...

What tips can you give me? What can I do to signal to everyone to NOT come up and talk to me and leave me alone?

I already know about the obvious one, wearing headphones, and yes, I plan to wear my ipod/headphones; hopefully that will deter people in leaving alone. I also don't make eye contact, don't smile, look unfriendly, look straight ahead...

Anything else I can do to give people the clear signal to not get into my way besides the above I just posted?

And the REASON why I am even asking this, is because I do not want to meet anyone, I do not want to make friends at the gym, I do not want a man (I am HAPPY being single). I only want to go to the gym to EXERCISE for MYSELF, not to meet new people.

Crank your ipod. If it's men you don't want to meet then join an all woman work out center.

AP:)

When someone starts to approach you give them the 'ice glare'. Like you are saying through your eyes 'don't f***ing dare come any closer'. That works with most people. I have also found that the people in the gym in the morning tend not to cross that boundary as often. I also used to wear a fake engagement ring, before I met my H, to the gym. Another thing is don't put on too much of a pissed off face on...some men will go out of their way to come up to you to tell you to smile.

Wear headphones. I use the Motorola S9 bluetooth, so no wires to contend with, and you can tell when a call is coming, if you care. My music is on a sd card on my cell, and when you've got music going, people are much less likely to intrude.

No, she needs the wires to be obvious so people know she is listening to something.

• Author
No, she needs the wires to be obvious so people know she is listening to something.

lol, yea... I like my ipod wires to be obvious, they are white and really stand out... so people can see i am listening to something and leave me alone

Haha KMT, you truly are the man....been reading your posts around. Great everytime.

Cutegirl, for a nominal fee I will play bouncer while you work out. Not many cities with two 24 hour work outs within a couple miles of each other. Chances are we're in the same town lol

Grow your pubic hairs to the point they stick out of your gym shorts, that should work pretty good. When I was in high school, there was this girl who's pub's were grown out like weeds and stuck out of her shorts, she was the loneliest girl I've ever seen.

Grow your pubic hairs to the point they stick out of your gym shorts, that should work pretty good. When I was in high school, there was this girl who's pub's were grown out like weeds and stuck out of her shorts, she was the loneliest girl I've ever seen.

I've seen hot girls who have pubes that stick out when they where swimsuits... like they forgot to wax or something... its kinda hot actually... You should Fart real loud and smelly any time people get to close

• Author

Well I decided to not even join the gym after all. I will be doing the p90x system at home. My body will still be in an exceptional state. I figured out the best way to be left alone in the gym is to not go to the gym.

Well I decided to not even join the gym after all. I will be doing the p90x system at home. My body will still be in an exceptional state. I figured out the best way to be left alone in the gym is to not go to the gym.

well if people bother you somewhere else in public farting loud and stinky should still keep them away... You could queef too

It's not one of those little bitty things, they're stereo headphones that go behind your neck and up around your ears and in. They're obvious but soooo much better than wired headphones. I have a set too. They're great!

Pick your nose. ALOT. Anytime someone looks at you, pick pick pick!

LOL! This one made me laugh the hardest, cuz I do that in the car!

You know when your sitting at a light and the guy in the next car won't stop staring at you...yeah...I pretend to be very interested in something up my nose! LOL! They look away very quickly everytime!!

• Author
LOL! This one made me laugh the hardest, cuz I do that in the car!

You know when your sitting at a light and the guy in the next car won't stop staring at you...yeah...I pretend to be very interested in something up my nose! LOL! They look away very quickly everytime!!

I always put my hand to my face at the side when at a red light so no one can even look to begin with. I DONT cover my face but from the side, it looks natural and looks like I am just resting my head against my hand which is propped strategically against the window. Too bad tinted windows are outlawed in California.

I hate people who look around at a red light to see who is next to them etc. They have no life. I NEVER look because I could care less who is around me, I am at a red light, not there to scope out people of the opposite sex etc.

Whenever possible I stop my car half a car length behind the cars next to me

so we aren't exactly at the same level so they can't be nosy and try to check me out... and if we are at eye level then I do the hand trick (pretend i am resting my head on my hand but it strategically covers my face)...

I have seen losers stop at red light and then look all around them to see who is there to check out people etc...

Hilarious thread!

Really annoying then when every male wants to chat with you.

I liked the tourettes and eating boogers suggestions.:lmao:

How about getting a set of Bubba teeth and wearing them?

Or wait about 30 years and nobody will try to chat you up.

Dont wash for 2 days before going! The smell will keep all predators away!

This reminds me of the other night in the gym. There's one particular guy who's sometimes there at the same time I am. I've never spoken to him, but I hate him. Here's a list of his misdemeanours

1. He has terrible BO. provided they and their clothes were clean when they work out session begain, people shouldn't smell while they're working out. Fresh sweat can actually be quite a pleasant, salty smell. This guy, however, smells like an overused, airless locker room that hasn't been cleaned for decades.

2. Despite several large notices in the gym reminding people to have the courtesy to wipe equipment down after they've used it, he never bothers.

3. Like a stereotypical German on the beach, he uses an array of towels to lay claim to various pieces of equipment.

4. He's very fat. Even with headphones on, and MTV turned up to almost full volume, I can hear groans and gasps that are suggestive of him having sex with the various pieces of equipment. The guy is really out to mark his territory in every way he possibly can.

5. Last time I was there, he seemed to be following me around the gym. I got on to the stepper. Immediately he came over and started lifting weights next to me and making furious grunting noises. So I stopped and went over to the treadmill. I was just over a minute into my routine, when Blobby appeared on the treadmill next to me.

Not just the gasping noises, but the overwhelming stench was too much. I didn't care about being rude and obvious. I cut my routine short and went to the other side of the room where there's a lone treadmill that nobody seems to like using. A minute later my nostrils were assaulted by BO, and my ears were assaulted with "Heuuugghhhh!!!!" as he set about the piece of weight training equipment closest to me.

Although I've seen other people in the gym casting dirty looks in his direction, nothing ever seems to get done about him. So I've decided to take matters into my own hands. Next time I'll take spray deoderant through to the gym with me. As soon as he comes over to me, I'm going to start spraying him vigorously with it, and if he starts to attack me I'll karate kick him in the groin.

If you're reading this, you f*cker - take a warning and a shower, launder your gym clothes after each use, wipe the equipment down after you've used it, do not try to deprive others of certain equipment by marking your territory all over the place with towels. Oh, and you don't need to use a fresh cup each time you go over to the watercooler. And it only takes a second to switch the tv screen off when you're done with a piece of equipment.

I hate him. I hate him!!!!

I've never spoken to him...

1. He has terrible BO. provided they and their clothes were clean when they work out session begain, people shouldn't smell while they're working out. Fresh sweat can actually be quite a pleasant, salty smell. This guy, however, smells like an overused, airless locker room that hasn't been cleaned for decades.

I hate to break it to you, but it sounds like he's using our suggested techniques on you! and it's working! lol

I hate to break it to you, but it sounds like he's using our suggested techniques on you! and it's working! lol

It certainly does seem that way! LOL!

And yes, it's working a treat! Evidently he's keeping close to me just to make absolutely sure though.

Perhaps I'll check this with him this next time....while keeping a container of Listerine mouth spray close at hand to take care of the halitosis that I'll inevitably be blasted with when he responds.