50+ weight loss results

I know everyone's body is different and varies, but I was wonderin what kind of results different people get after a substantial weight loss. I am about 75-90lbs overweight, and I have come to a point in my life where I am FINALLY ready to get rid of it.

I am starting an excercise regimen, including aerobic and weight training, as well as a modified diet according to the heart association (I have high collesterol). I have seen plenty of before and after pictures of weight loss and success, but I wanted to know if anyone has been able to acheive a lean, sexy and firm body that would make you feel comfortable in a bikini? Is cellulite really bad after you lose so much weight? Does everyone have excess skin after losing weight, or does it vary by person? I don't have any misconceptions about looking like one of those stick models afterwards, but I just want to know if it is possible to achieve the body that I could have had if I had never gained the weight in the first place.

BTW, I know age has alot to do with it also. I am 21 years old, and have been overweight since the onset of puberty (12) I have varied between 239 and 190 for the past 5 years.

HokeyReligions

Everyone is different and the younger you are the better.

I doubt if you will have any problems. I have lost over 250 lbs. (185 was my largest continuous weight loss & I did that in my late 30's. Some cellulite, but not bad. When I was in my teens & 20's I lost 85 pounds with nary a stretch mark. I have a few now, but not so bad that it embarasses me.

I'm not thin by any stretch of the imagination - I've always been big-boned and solid. In high school my best friend and I used to wear each others clothes - our bodies looked similar in shape and size, but I weighed 100 pounds more than her. She lost 20 pounds and looked great, I lost 20 pounds and no one noticed!

Just do it healthy and accept that this is a life-style change and not a quickie diet and then go back to your old eating habits. Once you lose the weight and get in shape keep some of your biggest clothes around to remind you of what you looked and felt like before and if you gain a couple of pounds - take it off quickly. It gets harder and harder to lose weight and tone as you get older.

Drink LOTS of COLD water -- it really helps!

Go here and read the second post to get the information you seek----> http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t24251/

The regimen of new eating style and exercise is great and it will significantly reduce cellulite which is different from stretch marks. Your skin may show signs of stretch marks in some areas because of the weight loss but at your age they won't be too noticable. It's much better to have those marks than to die prematurely. They are formed becauase the skin stretches as weight increases...and when the weight is lost, there's no place for some of that extra skin to go so it shows as stretch marks. Women who have babies have that problem sometimes as well.

I congratulate you on your resolve to lose weight. Don't try to do it overnight. Also, you will be more successful if you do it along with others or have some sort of support network. There will be times you may want to give up...or you may be discouraged...and that's when you need to have people you can call to life your spirits.

Good luck and stick with it. Let us know how you do!