I'm not going to law school!

Good for you RP. Do something that you have a passion for. I am so glad to hear this news. You are a natural talent and I know that you will do well.

For all I care, your H can go f*ck himself.

• Author
RecordProducer
Good for you RP. Do something that you have a passion for. I am so glad to hear this news. You are a natural talent and I know that you will do well.

For all I care, your H can go f*ck himself.

Thanks a lot, Pyro, and ... I hope you wish the same for me, too! :laugh::bunny:
Thanks a lot, Pyro, and ... I hope you wish the same for me, too! :laugh::bunny:

But of course....for the time being.:bunny:

When you are ready to date again (assuming that you are not) you will have no problem in that department, IMO.

you hope he wish u to go F**** urself>>?? umm well I hope u do go to law school and that its not to late. I think you got some pre law school gitters because of the money and time commitment and gave up.

• Author
RecordProducer
you hope he wish u to go F**** urself>>?? umm well I hope u do go to law school and that its not to late. I think you got some pre law school gitters because of the money and time commitment and gave up.
Neah.. I am not going to law school. But I remember your suport about it a while ago and I thank you for that. So now, please be supportive about me NOT going to law school, too. :p
Neah.. I am not going to law school. But I remember your suport about it a while ago and I thank you for that. So now, please be supportive about me NOT going to law school, too. :p

Sorry I can't be suportive of it, I know how much work you went through just to get in. If you get that JD degree and pass the bar you'll have it made. it doesn't mean you have to give up on record producing.

• Author
RecordProducer
Sorry I can't be suportive of it, I know how much work you went through just to get in. If you get that JD degree and pass the bar you'll have it made. it doesn't mean you have to give up on record producing.
So you think I should invest 30-40 more years in something I am not interested in just because I invested a few months in it so far? I think you just think that the legal porfession is cool. But it's not cool for an artist like me. And no, I can't do music production AND the law. You mean when I come home at 8 PM, I can spend 8 hours making music before I wake up at 7 am to go to school/work? Music takes all day, every day. It's not something you can do on weekends like golf or pool. As "have it made" - there are things other than law or medicine that you can do and "have it made." :)

RP never truly wanted to be a lawyer. She only attempted it because of her as$hole STBXH.
Right! I just wasn't born to be a lawyer. I was born with a talent for music. And I already have the necessary skills.
  • Author
RecordProducer
I make plenty of money in the field and work practicaly never and do what ever I want. I'm an Artist

What kind of art? :)

every kind there is I'm very creative. I write, I draw, make music and best of all like you I have plenty of time to waste comming onto places like these and just surf the net

I thought you were into finances of some sort. Thats what I thought you said a few months ago. I have never heard you mention the word artist before.

I thought you were into finances of some sort. Thats what I thought you said a few months ago. I have never heard you mention the word artist before.

I've got my hands in alot of things... and if there is one thing I know its how to spot a person making a decision out of fear which is exactly what she is doing.

RP, I'm glad you decided now, as opposed to later, that law school isn't for you.

It's so easy to allow others to define who we are sometimes...especially when we want them to love us.

I'm glad you are doing what YOU want.

And congrats on your newfound freedom.

RP, I'm glad you decided now, as opposed to later, that law school isn't for you.

It's so easy to allow others to define who we are sometimes...especially when we want them to love us.

I'm glad you are doing what YOU want.

And congrats on your newfound freedom.

what freedome she has no money, no future, just a dream that I hope works out for her of making a living in the recording industry that I don't think would have to end if she goes to law school. I mean when an actor works 40 hours a week as a waiter while going to auditions is that really better then being say a lawyer who goes out on auditions?

what freedome she has no money, no future, just a dream that I hope works out for her of making a living in the recording industry that I don't think would have to end if she goes to law school. I mean when an actor works 40 hours a week as a waiter while going to auditions is that really better then being say a lawyer who goes out on auditions?

So you'd rather advise she pursue something she has no interest in? Where is the sense in that? Do you realize how much debt she will accumulate.

Going to law school means jack squat. There is no guarantee that she'll find a job that will help her pay back her loans quickly.

And what about her children? She'll be slaving away for something she doesn't even want. Sure there are women that go back to school, but they do it out of passion (most of the time).

Those who pursue law or medicine, etc. crash and burn if it's for the wrong reasons. They either flunk out, end up unemployed (in their field) or hate their job and pine away for something else.

Certainly not the kind of life I'd wish for RP.

Yeah well she needs to get some kind of money making job I could care less if its as a trashman. You can't be independent and pennyless. Heck money is probably the reason shes stayed in such a hell of a mariage I'm just being realistic. And law school will take up less then 20 hours of time a week accept for the 2 months out of the year shes taking finals.

Yeah well she needs to get some kind of money making job I could care less if its as a trashman. You can't be independent and pennyless. Heck money is probably the reason shes stayed in such a hell of a mariage I'm just being realistic. And law school will take up less then 20 hours of time a week accept for the 2 months out of the year shes taking finals.

She mentioned that she has an agreement in place with her soon to be ex...that means she'll be OK for a few years (according to RP).

If the divorce goes through, she is likely to get more if the court feels the agreement was unfair to her. Her lawyer will def. look into that.

And law school is not a guarantee. Don't believe everything you see on TV. Only an idiot would go into it with such a blase attitude.

She mentioned that she has an agreement in place with her soon to be ex...that means she'll be OK for a few years (according to RP).

If the divorce goes through, she is likely to get more if the court feels the agreement was unfair to her. Her lawyer will def. look into that.

And law school is not a guarantee. Don't believe everything you see on TV. Only an idiot would go into it with such a blase attitude.

It's not blase its realistic... shes going to have to work a real job at some point, and she said she likes the legal field the best. I may like to write but its not like any one pays me to surf the internet and argue with you so I have a real job, the best real job I could get. If I ever find a way to make money with out working that will be great, but the little ammount of work I do is now whats in the way of acomplishing my dreams and I don't regret going to law school.

It's not blase its realistic... shes going to have to work a real job at some point, and she said she likes the legal field the best. I may like to write but its not like any one pays me to surf the internet and argue with you so I have a real job, the best real job I could get. If I ever find a way to make money with out working that will be great, but the little ammount of work I do is now whats in the way of acomplishing my dreams and I don't regret going to law school.

"Liking" the legal field means she should dedicated 3 years of her life to it? You continue to ignore the debt factor.

She already said record producing is her passion. She will accomplish her dreams too and not regret the decision to pursue music as opposed to law.

You going to law school is for YOU. She shouldn't follow it just b/c you seem to think it's a great way to pay the bills.

thats what I thought

So you dismiss what I've said solely because I am currently not working?

Now you've gone and hurt me.

• Author
RecordProducer
I make plenty of money in the field and work practicaly never and do what ever I want. I'm an Artist

every kind there is I'm very creative. I write, I draw, make music and best of all like you I have plenty of time to waste comming onto places like these and just surf the net

the little ammount of work I do is now whats in the way of acomplishing my dreams and I don't regret going to law school.

So, if what you're saying is true, you went to law school, but now you (barely) work as a jack-of-all-trades type of artist; is that correct? But you are not a lawyer.