Women , heard mentality, dating

vonerik012

imbewildered
Hey dude, at least he's married. Sounds like he gets it to me.

He he, I am not married and I get a LOT of it as often as I want.

imbewildered
Let me paraphrase you V:

Women aren't too bright

Men are perfect.

That's harsh - men are ALMOST perfect.

Your first statement is money.

• Author

Men and women are completely different animals.

So now a man is INSECURE for choosing to date someone with a low income? lol. I guess men can't win. I am interested in how someone treats me, not on what they can provide for me. That doesn't make me a control freak.

Men are not turned on by wealth or power, sorry. Trying to point out exceptions is silly.

It's like me making the statement "Women generally like a man to be taller than them"

Then someone posting "Oh thats not true! My friend is 6ft tall, and her husband is 5 ft 4"

And ugly women who suddenly becomes rich will not have beautiful men fighting to marry her. They wont even sleep with her, much less want to start a family.

imbewildered

And ugly women who suddenly becomes rich will not have beautiful men fighting to marry her. They wont even sleep with her, much less want to start a family.

There you go again making rational arguments

dude... here comes the shaming and the flaming...

Trialbyfire

Y'all don't have a good grasp of mercenary people, if you don't believe that there are men who can be bought for cash. Of course there are women like this too.

• Author

We aren't talking about "some people that can be bought for cash"

We are talking about the difference in what men and women find important in a mate. or whom men and women are willing to give their bodies to, and why.

Sorry, men can't get it up for an ugly woman just because she has money. Or an ugly, old, drug addicted female because she is holding a guitar.

It's funny how women call other women "gold diggers", yet when they are seeking a mate, the men are pre-qualified on "Status job", earning potential, income, etc.

crosswordfiend

So you are basically saying that for men, attraction is more physical, and that for women attraction is more contextual. I'll buy that if it's the point of the thread. Or are you trying to place value judgements on how attraction works between the sexes...

Trialbyfire

Oh, so you're saying that some men can only get it up for hot looking women who stroke their egos, since this is all they're looking for in a woman?

Aren't you interested in a woman's ability to be the best she can be through intellectual competency and success? Don't you want a someone who can accomplish something, thus proving they have drive and determination to attain goals? It doesn't sound like certain men appreciate what it takes for a woman to accomplish, relying on solely superficial indicators and a need for egos to be stroked, for attraction.

• Author

As for myself, I feel communication is the most important thing. Intellectual stimulation. However, that does not have anything to do with her career, profession, or income. Absolutely ZERO correlation.

As I find the above to be most important, I cannot be attracted to her no matter what, if I am initially NOT attracted. I don't prequalify women and THEN become attracted.

And, I have found women from all walks of life to be unique, and interesting. I can learn something from everyone, and love every type. I dated a girl that cleaned houses, yet she spoke 4 languages and lived in Paris, Bern, and Madrid. I found her more interesting than the typical, inside the box , college grad who makes a large salary.

So a Hillary Clinton would never be desirable sexually no matter what her job was.

Trialbyfire

So you're saying that a financially successful, educated and motivated individual is more likely not capable of providing intellectual stimulation? IMO, there's a higher percentage of individuals within this category who can provide you with intellectual stimulation.

Perhaps attraction for a certain subcomponent of men are solely visual or maybe it's that a percentage of men aren't looking long-term, thus will solely judge on the superficial visual.

Isn't it possible that there's a subcomponent of women who are trying to find the most compatible men for long-term relationships, rather than as solely objects or slabs of meat to "do"?

• Author

Character is more important to me than a womans job. It makes no difference.

I have always found people who have had to struggle at some point to be far more sincere, and interesting. If they are professional, or not.

Lets say i date a real estate attorney. All day she closes loans. Is that someone automatically intellectually stimulating for me? Or if she is a CPA that is very educated in accounting. How is that automatically interesting? I guess they might be, but they might not be, just like anyone else.

My mother was Valedictorian of her high school. My father grew up starving in war torn Germany and never had access to formal education. They were married 30 years, talked every morning, everyday at lunch time, and every evening. I don't know if you can find a greater divide on levels of education.

I actually grew up in a household that was extremely intellectual, especially about world affairs. It is almost impossible for me to find any female attorney or MBA grad that can come close. Yes, they are educated in certain ways, on certain topics, but it isn't exactly what I want to talk about everyday for the rest of my life.

I believe that you believe your posts.

My women have to keep an eye on me not the other way around.

Good tease, but no bite :)

Glad you have your herd under control....