Enablers..???

But of course. The trap was set, so it needed to be triggered.

Insults are set within the trap to bait, to create a win/win situation for the creator of the trap. 'Tis most fascinating to observe and trip it, so that the individual can be amused by the outcome. I know I am.

Why don't you, instead of using cryptics, just say what you want to?

Just be honest and outright!

Can you?

Is this part of the push to enforce how one member interacts with another? I truly hope it hasn't degenerated to that level of pettiness.

Do you suffer with paranoia?

You are talking in riddles and it is late at night and I am tired.

I was asking you politely what the hell you were talking about

If you want to carry on talking in riddles then do so... Who am I to critique you?

It's very true. No one has the right to critique anyone because we're all equal members of LS.

My apologies but there's no other way to explain my post beyond how I posted it. I can only express communication in my manner and style.

It's very true. No one has the right to critique anyone because we're all equal members of LS.

My apologies but there's no other way to explain my post beyond how I posted it. I can only express communication in my manner and style.

Ok then I am very sorry that I cannot participate in your post, I would if I knew what it was about

Back to what I did understand, I agree that no one should critisise how anyone else posts i.e comment on their spelling or grammer or their choice of words. We all post in the manner of our emotions on that particular day and also how we relate to the problem at hand due to our past experience. I think the only exception should be if a poster is being bullied and demeaned, I personally think that in that situation we should not sit back and allow it to happen.

If anyone on here was being bullied and put down I would try to bring it to the perpetrators attention regardless of if I like that person or not.

Since you're of the belief that things should be equitable and kind, I truly hope you never participate in any kind of multiple member "persecutor" role within a drama triangle. I guess you're not the type of member to throw around hurtful insults.

Like I have said, we ALL say things in the heat of the moment, depending on our present emotions and relation to the post, but If I ever do or have said something to someone that made them cry or made them feel worthless I would want to be told about it.

I would also apologise!

In a situation of hurtful insults thrown by members taking on the persecuting role, how does one know whether the other member is crying? After all, this is all textual speech.

I could easily be crying right now but you'd never know it. On the otherhand, I could post that I was crying and actually be laughing. There's no way to gauge what's truth and what's not.

In a situation of hurtful insults thrown by members taking on the persecuting role, how does one know whether the other member is crying? After all, this is all textual speech.

I could easily be crying right now but you'd never know it. On the otherhand, I could post that I was crying and actually be laughing. There's no way to gauge what's truth and what's not.

Reminded me of an ad I saw the other day.

http://www.youtube.com - Talent Show

Walk, that ad reminds me of this thread in many ways.

Funnily enough, it reminds me of some recent posts on the Off Topic thread.

Apparently some members now feel that it's in order to sniggeringly raise questions about unnamed female members' sexuality. Which is

a) insulting to anyone who does happen to be a lesbian

b) reminiscent of vitriolic "She's a lezzie" playground rumour-mongering that some girls resort to when they realise that they're out of their depth trying to debate like an adult with said target.

Or is that "tough love" too?

So Taramere, are you going to continue using this thread in a passive-aggressive manner? If you see something you don't like, perhaps it's best to address it directly with the other posters.

So Taramere, are you going to continue using this thread in a passive-aggressive manner? If you see something you don't like, perhaps it's best to address it directly with the other posters.

I guess so.

Obviously the post in question is mine. Go back and READ. I misread AC's post.:rolleyes:

Talk about juvenile. This whole thread is ridiculous which is why I've stayed away in the first place.

I was thinking about this thread late last night and it made me sad. The attempted ostracizing and controlling through passive-aggressive means, makes me sad.

It sparks of creating a co-dependency.

"My way is better so listen to me. These others are mean/evil so don't listen or provide them with any form of respect. Ignore all the thousands of other helpful posts they've made because this particular thread, the one I'm pointing out, is meaningful. They should have handled it my way because my way is the right way. Can't you see? They know nothing."

Leoni, you're right on the money with that last post. I agree. That's the way it comes off.

Oh and PS. I used to have a "lezzie" (never used that word in my life!) as a roommate. I have no problem with them.

As for being "out my depth" - wow. I pray to god that I AM out of my depth here. The playing field is certainly not level that's for sure. I prefer to stay on higher ground myself...which once again, is why I've stayed out of this thread.

I think I'll go back there now.

Have fun down here in your "depth."

Tata.

Let's stay on topic, people. Taramere's points throughout this thread have been well-thought out and legitimate. I don't believe they were directed at particular posters, but a general trend that she has noticed on LS.

She has made a lot of insightful observations from her experience about how to give good advice without becoming too emotionally involved. I think all of us should heed her wisdom, because none of us are trained psychologists and we all fall prey to common pitfalls on occasion. She isn't saying that she's above those pitfalls either.

Don't try to bait her into a petty argument and in doing distract from her insights and veer this thread off topic.

Let's stay on topic, people. Taramere's points throughout this thread have been well-thought out and legitimate. I don't believe they were directed at particular posters, but a general trend that she has noticed on LS.

She has made a lot of insightful observations from her experience about how to give good advice without becoming too emotionally involved. I think all of us should heed her wisdom, because none of us are trained psychologists and we all fall prey to common pitfalls on occasion. She isn't saying that she's above those pitfalls either.

Don't try to bait her into a petty argument and in doing distract from her insights and veer this thread off topic.

Just had to come back down here to correct you on that point above.

Wrong. That was clearly directed at me. I'm being baited. Not the other way around.

She didn't even read what I wrote but instead twisted it in hopes of dragging me down into her petty nonsense in order to once again try to prove her superiority.

It's really infantile. I hope everyone sees this for what it is.

I can't even believe this is still going on.

This isn't normal behavior in my opinion. It speaks of something very, very wrong and broken.

Have a great day, ladies. :)

Reading this thread reminds me why I periodically leave the Shack. Never do so many act so cruelly over so little: The Shack continues to devour its best and brightest.

Tara's getting flamed because she had the temerity and good sense to constructively engage the Mob: the Keyboard Queens with their Conventional Wisdom and bullying ways. Cliques, pecking orders, resentment, rivalry and school yard fights all reflect the Shack's dark side.

To some extent, LoveShack "enables" the worst in some and the best in a few.

Thanks for your enlightening contributions,Tara.

Keep lighting the darkness.

I'm going to get out of this thread so people who have to admonish others through a public means within a separate thread, can do so at their own leisure. It appears to me that there are pulpiteers who can't see their own behaviours and feel that it's necessary to point out everyone elses' "failures" by a form of public ostracization of individuals.

The sad reality is, that there are no angels or demons.

Reading this thread reminds me why I periodically leave the Shack. Never do so many act so cruelly over so little: The Shack continues to devour its best and brightest.

Tara's getting flamed because she had the temerity and good sense to constructively engage the Mob: the Keyboard Queens with their Conventional Wisdom and bullying ways. Cliques, pecking orders, resentment, rivalry and school yard fights all reflect the Shack's dark side.

To some extent, LoveShack "enables" the worst in some and the best in a few.

Thanks for your enlightening contributions,Tara.

Keep lighting the darkness.

Very well said!!! I'm not sure how things disintegrated to this level when I found the original posts to be very thought provoking and insightful.

Just had to come back down here to correct you on that point above.

Wrong. That was clearly directed at me. I'm being baited. Not the other way around.

She didn't even read what I wrote but instead twisted it in hopes of dragging me down into her petty nonsense in order to once again try to prove her superiority.

It's really infantile. I hope everyone sees this for what it is.

I can't even believe this is still going on.

This isn't normal behavior in my opinion. It speaks of something very, very wrong and broken.

Have a great day, ladies. :)

Even if that particular comment was directed at you, it doesn't detract from the wisdom of her other posts on this thread. If anything it just shows that she isn't immune to the same drama triangle forces as the rest of us.

You can't seize on one comment she has made and say there's nothing of value in what she has written elsewhere in this thread (because there's a lot). I feel like you guys were waiting to pounce the moment she "slipped up" so you could accuse her of hypocrisy and dismiss the rest of what she's written on this thread.

You could learn a lot (I have) if you just read through her posts without getting emotionally involved. This thread has been one of the most interesting discussions I've ever encountered on LS precisely because it avoids the kind of petty inanity seen elsewhere on this board. The discussions of human nature apply to infinite real world situations beyond the bounds of LS.

Very well said!!! I'm not sure how things disintegrated to this level when I found the original posts to be very thought provoking and insightful.

Agreed completely.......