When should an online dating profile come down?

Alpha Female

seriously! I've found that some people on here are quite jaded and you are smart to not let their negativity affect what you are feeling etc.

I'm not negative. Nor am I jaded. She ASSumed that I was. She's wrong.

Art_Critic
I second this.

In the meantime, do not stop dating others. But do not have sex with him, because you can be sure that he IS having sex with others if he has so little respect for you to keep his profile up. Keep in mind that just because he takes his profile down it does not mean that he is not contacting other women with a hidden profile or on a site like eHarmony or Chemistry where you can't search for his profile. Sorry to be a downer....just pointing out stuff I've been through myself.

I know on match you cannot contact someone with a hidden profile.. it will tell you to unhide yourself..

You could unhide yourself contact them and then hide yourself but where would that get someone ? when they hit reply they would be told you hid yourself and are no longer able to be contacted.

Eharmony is not like other dating sites where you can hide yourself either.

I don't know about chemistry but being they are owned by match I would think it is like match where you cannot hide and contact...

I don't think you can paint guys with such a broad brush to say they are all having sex with everyone they meet.. I wasn't...

I know on match you cannot contact someone with a hidden profile.. it will tell you to unhide yourself..

You could unhide yourself contact them and then hide yourself but where would that get someone ? when they hit reply they would be told you hid yourself and are no longer able to be contacted.

On Match you can still contact while hiding.

I don't know about chemistry but being they are owned by match I would think it is like match where you cannot hide and contact...

Chemistry is sort of like eHarmony. You can't search profiles. And many of the ones they spoon feed you don't have pictures....just vague profiles....or have a "you can see my picture when we get past blah, blah, blah stage." I met some sneaky guys in relationships and marriages who use Chemistry for their cheating purposes. Jerks.

I don't think you can paint guys with such a broad brush to say they are all having sex with everyone they meet.. I wasn't...

I don't. I'm sure a lot of guys are manwhores, but there are plenty who aren't. Maybe some day I'll bump into one! :)

Art_Critic
On Match you can still contact while hiding.

Try it.. you can't even wink..

You can contact someone that you have contacted before though while being hidden but not a new contact.. a new person that you have never contacted before you have to be visable..

Try it.. you can't even wink..

You can contact someone that you have contacted before though while being hidden but not a new contact.. a new person that you have never contacted before you have to be visable..

Visible for the two seconds it takes to hit send. After that you can email that person all you like. I know this because I had a Match stalker and had to stay hidden for awhile. There are some crazy men on that site.

Art_Critic
Visible for the two seconds it takes to hit send. After that you can email that person all you like. I know this because I had a Match stalker and had to stay hidden for awhile. There are some crazy men on that site.

Well why would you communicate with someone who hid their profile and you couldn't see what or who they were ?

That was what I meant by my remark in the post a few posts ago that said what would communicating with a hidden profile get them ? nowhere..

If someone can't see their profile then they would just blow off the email..

Well why would you communicate with someone who hid their profile and you couldn't see what or who they were ?

That was what I meant by my remark in the post a few posts ago that said what would communicating with a hidden profile get them ? nowhere..

If someone can't see their profile then they would just blow off the email..

Match allows you to "attach" your profile to your email.

mental_traveller

I think it's bad form to keep a profile up if you go for more than one meeting, and definitely after you make out (or more). Basically if you meet a second time, obviously you are interested. If you are interested, why have the profile up, unless you are also interested in others?

If you meet someone and like them, take down the profile unless you want them to lose interest in you.

mental_traveller
To me the profile comes down when you become exclusive and have had the talk about exclusivity.

I disagree. If you do it this way, often you won't get to being exclusive in the first place. Someone who likes you will notice you are still looking for other people, and it will put them off.